DOOL: Vet Returns Again

John

• Members

The scenes seem so listless. Even a 2 minute scene feels incredibly long because the dialogue is dull, the actors sound bored and nothing happens. It's like watching an educational film.

I've found, especially on Days, GH and Y&R (less so on B&B because it seems like there's still someone directing and editing the episodes) that there is this overwhelming feeling of inertia.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's how it was when I watched Days a while ago.  All I could think of is "what would this scene be like back in the day"?  Day could possibly be the best soap on right now (I wouldn't know as I don't watch any of them...I just keep up), but the scenes are just boring.  They are not pushing thru.  Could it be the music?  I just don't know.  

• Members

NBC cut DAYS budget with 40% in late 2008. Gary Tomlin came up with a way to work on that tight budget.

It's much less than that. They used to have around one and half to two million as a weekly budget.

And no, NBC is not cutting it yearly or it wouln't still be on the air.

Yep. The show has had this low energy feel for almost 10 years now. Even during short time periods when the writing is good the poor production and directing just ruin it.

As for the subject about Thaao. He did a podcast interview a couple of weeks ago and it sounded like he was just back for two more episodes. I guess as a ghost like we have seen several times this year.

Did "We Love Soaps" make this return announcement simply based on Thaao's tweet from the set? Or do they know someting else?

• Members

Lord knows I'm prone to fits of brutal hyperbole, but I have heard music on Green Acres better than this Casio studio band from the mid-80s helping to destroy scenes. but if it's not the horrible overacting, it's just a feeling of "as long as my check clears" in all the scenes. maybe that's why I feel the bad overacting has happened. but hell, they hardly have any sets now. and like CH said, with licensing fees being cut every year, no wonder it's in the state it's in. if Corday wants to keep this show on the air, IMO, fire Carlivati and make Sheri A. the HW. and just give her the entire damn shop. she knows Days better than any HW in the last 20 years. 

Archived