Paul Rauch & others in a #MeToo #TimesUp era...

• Members

This applies to all EP’s, producers, writers, actors, etc who “allegedly” (in parentheticals to keep this from getting too ugly) had/have history of abuse of power, shady happenings with female actors, etc. 

The first person that always comes to my mind on this topic is Paul Rauch. Some fabulous soap historian here I’m sure can list all the allegations and rumors, re: Louise Sorel, Robin Strasser, Maeve Kinkead, Toby Poser, etc. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know Brenda Dickson is a bit of a "character" IRL, but I tend to believe that Ed Scott and a few others from BTS intended to sabotage her at Y&R and succeeded....if Jeanne Cooper confirms in her book there was some truth to what BD said, then she's definitely a victim of shady happenings...JC herself had to deal with Ed Scott not treating her right on the show too. 

• Members

I read somewhere that Ed Scott wanted rid of the Katherine Chancellor character. That may explain why Melody Thomas Scott (who had wed Ed in 1985) stopped speaking to her for several years.

I have also heard some not so nice things about John Conboy. A lot of people rumored Conboy had several actor boy toys on his shows. JC was really close to Donna Mills and went frequently to events with her.

• Members

Perspective is key.  If the shows had the rating they did even 15 years ago, any of these infractions would matter more.

Tony Geary said in an interview once that he did love scenes nude back in the day and very few complained.  That would not fly today.

I think Victoria Rowell’s issues with her show would get a different response today too.

JFP firing an actress on maternity leave would be a much bigger deal today.

Rauch certainly had had more than one issue, didn’t he.  Has Sorel ever spoken about what happened?

Have there been any rumors about Frank Valentini and the bevy of boys he has hired as an ep?  

I remember people speculating quite a lot about Conboy when he took over GL, especially when he cast that blond kid and the entire younger storyline revolved around him and his baseball playing.

• Members

Conboy was said to of had a thing for blonde guys and often cast them. Did Eric Braeden have a hand in getting rid of Conboy ? Wes Kenney was brought in 1982 and Conboy moved over to Capitol. I also read Conboy felt Y&R was getting stale and in a power play tried to take control of the show away from Bill Bell and tried to get CBS to fire him. 

Archived