Twists You Hated

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon switching the tests that said Summer is an Abbott was the final nail in the coffin for me for Sharon after a string of bad plots.Turning Summer into an Abbott was writing a wrong and gave HK some of her best work. 

Vincent is Valerie and also the incestual blackmailing rapist. That story never had any semblance of good but overall it was just going too far.

• Members

Yes to all of these. Dallas never recovered from Bobby in the shower. Victoria Principal left the show the following season and caught a lot of flack. David Jacobs hated the idea when they told him what they planned to do. He refused to include Knots in the dream and the Dallas ties were severed. The Wes Parmlee thing always bothered me. I only see Jim Davis as Jock. 

The Dynasty Moldavian Massacre was when the show started to fall apart. 

The Colbys ending with Fallon boarding the UFO was just plain stupid. 

• Members

IA w/ you (and with Roman's list).  And DYNASTY's efforts to address it (after Fallon and Jeff had returned) only made it worse.  Honestly, DYNASTY was better off not addressing the UFO at all.

I'll just repeat what Gordon Thomson once said about the Moldavian Massacre: the massacre itself wasn't the problem; it was the underwhelming fallout that wrecked the show.

Here's one I STILL don't like: Jill [!@#$%^&*] Fenmore (Y&R).  It just makes no sense.

• Members

Nikolas/Connor on GH. Nikolas being presumed dead and coming back with amnesia was a decent enough storyline. However, adding Connor to the mix and Emily subsequently being raped by her husband's doppelganger was sick on way too many levels. The aftermath of Emily's rape was also handled extremely poorly.

• Members

For me, the real low of that particular story was Eve accidentally reattaching Julian's penis (which Vincent/Valerie cut off, IIRC) upside down while intoxicated.  I remember reading about the story as it was unfolding and thinking, "Does JER just not give a [!@#$%^&*] anymore?".  

• Members

I didn’t watch Passions much after the first couple of years, but some of these stories just boggle my mind. If he were writing some gonzo John Waters surrealist, absurdist comedy, that would be one thing. Was he just so under the radar or so revered for his ‘90s ratings successes that he had carte blanche?

• Members

Hmmm, where to begin? I'd go with:

ATWT: 

-Carly sleeping with Simon

-Noah's father being a nefarious super-villain 

-Damian being first a monk, and then later a nefarious super-villain

-Shannon's shrunken head

B&B

Too many to count, but: 

-Amber has a twin

-Macy dies again

-Beth's drowning

-Myron

Days: 

-Too many to count, but E.J. and Sami having grief sex and Chase the rapist are the kickers for me. 

GL: 

-Alex being Reva's stalker

-Ben Reade being the Garden of Eden killer. 

-Maryann Carrathuers

-Anytime Carmen Santos popped up alive. 

Y&R

-Any plot twist involving Sharon's sanity since 2009. 

-Shadam

-Death by volcano

-Chloe being insane with her "Chesnut" crap. 

-Neil holding Hilary hostage

• Members

Y&R:

Jill/Katherine & Cane/PIII

Lauren/Sarah (that made me drop the show for a good year)

Jill paying Mamie $1MM to leave town because the Bells couldn't just split John/Mamie like a regular couple

John's death

DAYS:

Maleswen

AMC:

Lesbian Bianca being raped so that she could have a child. (I was done with AMC until the reboot.) The ultimate hate crime on daytime.

Archived