Vet let go at Y&R

• Members

I don't think she has a classic contract. Her "guarantee" seems to be for 25 episodes a year or so. It's probably only because of her actor's guild association that she is technically on contract. Despite bringing back Chloe under MAB, Esther has been irrelevant ever since Jill became tied to Katherine's hip in 2004 or so.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

His Twitter has only shown me he's an entitled [!@#$%^&*]  and the new latino family clearly has him pressed since since he was liking and retweeting crap about the latinos taking over. Anyone who conducted themselves like him openly bashing their job on social media would and should expect to be fired.

• Members

ATWT still had its vets at the end....Bob, Kim, Barbara, Lucinda, Lily(recast though), Susan. Emily and Craig.  Y&R is phasing out legacy characters/families for new ones. The ratings will diminish with the new changes. Those still watching aren't newbies and they(Y&R) aren't going to get new viewers with the introduction of some unknown Latino family. The ratings will erode eventually and even as bad as B&B is ...I can see it overtaking Y&R as the #1 soap in about two years. 

I'll give Y&R 3 years on air......

• Members

Yes and I'd say that Y&R is at the beginning of the end.  I doubt it will take a decade, but I guess it could hang on that long.  If I had to guess I'd give it 7 years.

Look at how fast the end came for AMC on ABC. It seemed like it had 5 years left at least when they changed coasts and then the hammer fell.

• Members

The Craig character might as well as have been a brand new character, I don't count him but I see your overall point.

I don't think it will be a decade either.  I referenced the 10 years because people can be fooled into believing that ratings and awards are some type of definite buffer against cancellation.  It is not. ATWT was winning awards right up to the ax being dropped.

• Members

I'm not surprised. Its pretty obvious Mal is cleaning house and trying to transition the show to the next generation of characters. KSJ is probably next with Peter B and Eric Braeden right behind(thats why Nate is the new magical negro, Ray is a cop, they've given Billy control of Jabot & Nick Dark Horse). I don't think any of this is going to work long term though.

• Members

Just typed in Mal Young in the search bar for twitter and oy!  Some of those soap fans sound crazed-- "bring back Muhney, Teriah, Teriah Teriah, Niktor! We need more loving scenes from Lane, we need more family moments with Lane!"

Please register in order to view this content

Don't these folks know he probably has them on mute?  Tweet whining constantly won't do anything, just stop watching already. Plunging ratings get his attention more than angry tweets from the same cluster of fans.

• Members

Oh, I thought you meant GL's cancellation could be foreseen 10 years out, which I agree with, at least in hindsight.  Certainly by the time they moved to Peapack (?) it was clear it wouldn't last.  So sad. I don't wish any soap cancelled.  As I've said before where there is life there is hope. Once it's over, that's it forever.

Same.

• Members

Reading some stuff on other sites it seems that Doug has been put on recurring so not technically fired.

I guess that at the end of a contract cycle (in Dougs case would it be 26 weeks? that used to be the deal for vets) the contact can be voided.

He has not received any notice of future appearances.

So Y&R could have intended to use him  .How far in advance does a recurring player get notice they are scheduled to tape?

There was talk that Christian LeBlanc was made recurring but never any official word on that.

Archived