Soapy Stuff of which I'll never tire

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if it also requires a dramatic music cue to pull that off?  Next time, while facing away, pull out your phone and play an acoustic version of  a pop song; or that rattlesnake sound they use on Drag Race.

Which reminds me that I'll also never tire of couples with their own theme song that plays every time they enter a room.  Liz and Neil (DAYS) must have heard "Friends and Lovers" thousands of times before her affair with Carlo to Springstein's "I'm on Fire".

• Members

I will never get tired of villains lurking outside someones house or hiding in the bushes while eavesdropping, all as some evil music is playing in the background. I miss those type of scenes since soaps rarely do  them anymore,  DAYS was a master at them in the 90s.

• Members

Two Faces East. The classic soap camera shot. I remember learning that term in film school and nobody else could think of a time they’d seen such a shot and here I am thinking: they use this on soap operas ALL the time! 

I love when villainous characters talk  out loud to themselves, particularly in their own home (not sloppily in public) 

I love when an announcer informs us of a recast too... or the return of an actress from maternity leave (they did a particularly long voiceover announcing KKL’s return to B&B back in ‘97). 

Two people embracing in a long hug and one or both secretly show their true emotions towards that person during the long embrace. 

Whenever a show introduces a new set that’s large, expansive, and intricate and you just know they’re proud of their work done and it’s about to get a lot of airtime (sadly, a moment rarely seen nowadays) 

Joseph Mascolo breaking the fourth wall and saying to us, “It’s good to be back.” 

• Members

A black gloved hand caressing the photo of the next intended vicitm..while off kilter music plays to show that the gloved one is...off kilter...if we know the killer an added plus is a voice over...."Its now time for you to go for a long sleep,,,"

Marland used to do the door way "Its YOU!" quite often on Friday, but on Monday it would be a normal "Its you" and a friend comes in..I never got tired of the eavesdropping right when someone is about to say who someone's real father or mother is...

• Members

The tortuous birthing scene ( in cave, abandoned building, barn etc ) where heroine gets to scream her lungs out while hero offers endless encouragement bedside until infant arrives - tears and embraces follow.

Slow motion fall over balcony/out of window/downstairs -  cut to terrified onlooker(s)

Archived