General Hospital September Discussion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've become so detached to the show, other than following the fun on Twitter, because many on there hate the same pets we hate.

I don't even know if Laura can get me back. I've been fooled several times with her returning, being promised story, we get glimmers of it, and she's out again. I think they know better now. I actually blame Varni for this debacle. Frank was probably just doing what he was told to do.

I really wish they'd let the current writers write what they want, and for who they want. I see glimmers of a GH I'd watch but then it's all ultimately filled with pets and ridiculous ways to force them onto the canvas. It's clear interference.

I still can't get over that I was actually tuning in and wanting to watch for a while when The Borg returned. Who knew? And then the Laura Mayor story. It wasn't all perfect but I think the writers could do a passable/solid job writing for General Hospital. Not this halfway house for former soap actors it's become.

• Members

Spoilers:

The show will continue to revolve around murderers, rapists and mob bosses.

Sonny will still be on too much.

Everyone will still ask why Nina still hasn't returned to Genoa City

Jason's face will still be immobile 

Sam will never be Brenda but they'll keep trying by forcing her down viewers throats.

Another of Frank's hunky models will try to act his way through detective scenes

And the ratings will hover at 2.4 million

Days is better.

• Members

This storyline involving the adoption of Wiley is so disgusting. 

Brad and Lucas have proven that they are unfit to be adoptive parents.  They don't care that the mother wants her child back, or that she did so within the agreed upon timeframe for her to back out of the adoption.

And shame on GH for calling her the birth mother before the baby was born and then before the adoption was finalized.  She wasn't the birth mother, she was the mom.  And as far as I am concerned she still is, since Julian in some way coerced her.

I realize that the actual baby died, and this is Nelle's baby, but most of the characters don't know that.  So they are still deserving of judgment for their reprehensible actions.

Shame on Alexis for showing contempt for a mother's love, and trying to involuntarily terminate her parental rights, even after she lost her own daughter to a coerced adoption.  And shame on the judge for not demanding that the mother appear in court so he could speak to her directly and attempt to confirm that she was not coerced.

• Members

This really does sum it up.  Steve Burton had some charm about 25 years ago, but JaSam might be the most boring couple with such a large fanbase for no discernable reason.  Kelly Monaco's acting choices are akin to someone who is on 5 valium. She literally seems to be about to take a nap in her scenes.  Meanwhile Stafford places every scene like she is performing up to the cheap seats for no reason.

• Members

And does anyone care about Alzheimer Mike any longer? That story is already beyond its expiration date.

Ava is now calling her daughter a whoré. How can anyone in that town even TALK to Ava, let alone date her? She’s a monster.

i don’t give a rat’s ass about Alexis’ returning daughter, either. This off-screen lesbian relationship story couldn’t be worse.

• Members

It is. And YMMV, but thankfully Max Gail is excellent. Some of it's a bit over the top, but it's a soap. You should go watch videos from old episodes of soaps, the acting is often campy, doesn't matter what decade we're in. LOL. But anywho ...

They can't truly maintain a story like this. It's just about stirring up drama for Sonny. It was never about the diagnosis.

Just some random thoughts as I struggle through yesterday's episode ...

So, I made the mistake of watching this week. How blatant was it that they had Robin swoop in to give the "ok" to Peter (it felt so blatant too, with Anna saying basically "no one likes it" and then they had Robin be so understanding and wonderful; it was classic manipulation). Lawd. And then you have McBain-lite and Hot Cop insta-related. I mean ... stop trying to make them happen. They won't happen. They'll never happen. I don't even mind Hot Cop #600000.

And while Finn can amuse me at times still doesn't mean his role couldn't be filled with someone better connected to the General Hospital canvas, but I don't totally hate Easton; his character is just completely pointless and I'm sick of them blatantly trying to force him and others to work)

Then you have Tamara Braun wasted crying on Liz's shoulder, who fails to really exist as a character on her own anymore. She's already the go to with a cup of coffee. 

Roger Howarth remains one of the biggest wastes of contracts. Same for William deVry. Julian and Franco walking around playing nice. Lawd. Make it stop. It's more manipuation. So the viewers hot for them can swoon and say "see how wonderful and amazing they are!!". No, I see through that [!@#$%^&*], LOL

I like the new Cameron. And since I'm not feeling extra judgy and bitchy today I'll give the Oscar kid a pass for the moment. The show has a lot more problems than some green teen actors.

Max Gail remains absolutely excellent.

Execs need to understand they aren't making these shows for themselves, they aren't their personal vanity projects. (Hi, Brian Frons!) VIEWERS ARE SEEING THROUGH YOU FRANK AND VARNI! But as long as some of them have vocal stans on Twitter, it justifies them keeping their pets.

While plotty many times, soaps also used to be about actual character development and sometimes really delving into the psyche of these people. So many often missed opportunities. Soaps are truthfully just existing. Many of these characters now are just there in name only, really.

Do you notice on all the soaps how it's not really about discussing feelings, it's just talking about the situation? Having a reaction? And moving on? I mean, not always, but there's just no depth. I've known this for a long time but for some reason it's just really hit me. Probably because I'm currently gripped on watching AMC episodes from 1991. Even when things are not great I'm still pulled in. I love how they gave Susan Lucci a total glow on the camera everytime she was shown. LOL. 

I know DAYS can be shallow and campy but I actually still feel I get at least some depth here and there, some real conversations between characters. Again, I'm simplifing but I think GH suffers from this the most. It's hard to explain and I'm sort of terrible at explaining myself, lol

Archived