RIP: Susan Brown

• Members

Only Bobbie  and Laura call him Scotty now.

RIP to a beautiful and talented lady. I also loved the tone she used with Scott and Monica. I hope we get scenes with Serena/Scott/Lucy and Scott/Monica (even Lesley?) Scott/Laura. Gail was his main maternal figure post-Meg(his mother). 

I really enjoyed her banter with Tom Wiggin on ATWT. Adelaide was his confidante.

I'm picturing Ms. Brown sipping champagne with Peter Hansen, Anna Lee, David Lewis, ad John Beradino, recollecting the good times.

Thanks, @Paul Raven, I was thinking of posting her "soap-hopping."

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was immediately drawn to her when I started tuning in to GH during the Luke-Laura hubbub. It was only years later that I realized I had seen her in Bright Promise when I was very young – and had connected with her on-screen warmth and grace. She classed up any episode of any show she appeared in. RIP. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

SID does a feature on Susan Brown with cast remembrances.

There's a feature article with comments from Kin Shriner, Leslie Charleson and Jackie Zeman, followed by a listicle further down that you can click through at the bottom, starting with a statement from Tony Geary (who started on soaps with her on Bright Promise), followed by Jon Lindstrom and others.

• Members

I believe it was likely at Lila's memorial, where Kevin and Lucy also briefly returned. I'm pretty sure that episode or large portions of it are available on YT.

Gail was referenced at length earlier this year(?) when Scott, Lucy and Serena (played by Carly Schroeder who portrayed her on PC) memorialized Lee as well.

• Members

Thanks for the info. What did they say about Gail during Lee's memorial? Is, or was, Gail still alive in the GH universe?

I appreciate the link, Depboy. And BTW, I always enjoy seeing your avatar. I love that sketch of our beloved Steve and Jessie. How I miss them, Audrey, Lee, Lucille, Gail, Lesley, and all the other characters who once made GH so great! Somehow, Sonny, Jason, Franko, etc., do not offer much compensation.

• Members

The only other actresses predating Charleson who might conceivably ever appear on the show again are Rachel Ames (very doubtful) and Denise Alexander (possibly). I'd tune in just to see legendary performers like these, but there's nothing else on today's bastardized version of GH that tempts me in the slightest to watch.

• Members

They just mentioned Gail contacting them re: Lee's peaceful death at home, coping with it, etc. I don't know if they'll address her death. My understanding is Kin Shriner had to go to the mat to get them to do a bit for Lee.

Denise Alexander has appeared off and on in the last five years for stuff with Laura and Spencer. I think her appearances (silly though they are - like when Lesley waltzed into the GH nursing hub and pretended to still be on staff to get some information, then clashed with Monica) have fallen off since Ron Carlivati was fired. I can't recall if she's had one since. Maybe for Kevin and Laura's wedding?

• Members

I was shocked that GH even MENTIONED Lee's death at all, considering that once even the most beloved characters leave the canvas we never hear anything about them again. I cannot see them doing anything for Gail, although I wish they would at least mention her as having passed away,  at some point.

Yes, Lesley appeared at Laura's latest wedding, which is why I think/hope we may possibly see her again in scenes of importance concerning Laura. I am almost positive we have seen the last of Audrey, alas.

Archived