Y&R: September Spoilers and Fall Preview

• Members

i'm so over this whole "the very bad thing I did in the PAST isn't as horrible as the very bad thing you did in the PRESENT!" bs soaps *continue* to do, like their viewers don't have any memory and aren't keeping score... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i actually found the whole motive believable and thought Ashley justified. Now, how everyone isn't like "that's what jack gets, tbh!" KNOWING that Jack instituted the blood-Abbot claus and how much it directly hurt/effected Ashley SPECIFICALLY is ridiculous, to me. 

• Members

Agreed. The way Ashley's secret was publicly exposed and then Jack putting in the blood-clause, which only affected his one sibling, was devastating to her. We know Ashley is more than qualified to run Jabot. But it was more than that - Ashley's legacy from John was in many way stolen from her. Jack blackmailed Ashley out of the CEO chair decades ago because of her paternity secret. Ash gave up the chair because of her love for John, but Jack didn't care. Ironic.  Even recently, it wasn't beyond Jack  to conspire with Victoria to set Ashley up and out of Newman. Considering Ashley has been around Jack and Victor her entire life, it's not a stretch. I have zero sympathy for Jack.

• Members

i hope they extend a contract role to that new Jabbot part time executive assistant guy. He's cute, funny, and not a bad actor just going off the few lines/scenes he's had. I mean why tf not? Whatever happened to Y&R being the show of nobody/upstarts social climbing their way to the top? Lauren, Brad, Sharon, Nicki... come on. We need fresh blood!

and it's sad that they decide to give Ashley a backbone on her way out. SMH 

• Members

On tomorrow's day ahead recap from soaps.com Phyllis will confront and slap Billy about him sleeping with Summer. She will tell him she's mad that he took his frustrations out by doing that. What I find really interesting is that Phyllis and Summer are actually going to forgive and apologize to each other and declare they don't need Billy. I am surprised they are making up this fast. I could still see a situation where Summer ends up pregnant and that puts a new strain on her and Phyllis relationship. I also wonder if they might even team up to try and limit Billy's presence in the baby's life. 

• Members

Here is some upcoming spoilers from soaps.com and SOD (for the next couple of weeks).

According to the day ahead recap from soaps.com Kyle will find a document that John signed that says that gives Ashley all of the rights to Jabot's patents and developments, excluding all others for perpetuity. It will give Ashley ownership of almost all of Jabot's major lines. Dina will say her and John agreed to do this as a present for Ashley. Kyle will try and shred the document but Dina will stop him. Kyle will then tell Jack about it and he will finish shredding it. However, Dina will tell Traci what happened and Traci will put the document back together. Billy will also fight for his place at Jabot.

I think it's interesting that the family finds a document giving Ashley ownership of practically all of Jabot's major lines. This is important information and sounds like something that would make Ashley stick around. Though she's leaving. Given this new development, I wonder even more how Ashley will end up exiting. 

Also, Cane will receive shocking news and Lily will have an escape from reality. I wonder if Lily has some type of mental breakdown.

And Mariah will be getting weird phone calls and will be put in danger. 

• Members

I remember way back when (when I was still coming up with ideas for this show), I proposed the idea of Jack and Ashley (when Billy took over Jabot) having their own cosmetic startup where they managed to scoop up some proprietary patents, but then had to partner with Jill and CI on the formulas associated with Jabot's old Men's Line since Jill had managed to put controlling stake in the Men's Line in her name (beating Jack and Ashley to the punch).

If I were to guess now, based on this current storyline, I would say that Ashley will be scooping up those patents that are in her name, with the intention to begin her own startup in a new city, perhaps NYC or Chicago or even overseas.

Please register in order to view this content

Mal will claim that this exit storyline was his "gift" to fans of Ashley and Eileen Davidson, the way he claimed killing off Hilary was his gift to MiM/Hilary fans.

• Members

I remember when Jack had left Jabot this last time around, he actually did propose that him and Ashley go into business together. But she didn't really want to get on board with that. (He also tried to go into business with Hamilton Winters, but Nick/Devon decided it was too costly.) I wouldn't have minded seeing something like that or Jack starting a new business with Victoria, before Victor promised her she could take over Newman later on. I would have rather seen these types of storylines instead of Jack working for Nick at Dark Horse. 

Maybe she will do what you mentioned, I do believe that Traci will probably tell her the truth. There is another spoiler that says that Ashley makes a bold move, maybe it will be something like that. 

Archived