BTS harassment at Y&R

• Members

I'm probably mistaken, but wasn't it part of Nick's plot to destroy Newman? I recall Nikki making a fuss that Victor had always been so fair to women at his company.

Anyways I have no doubt Y&R is a hellish environment for actresses. The misogyny has always been there, but never more apparent. Has the show ever really had a powerful female shown running a business without the aide or oversight of men? Katherine used to have male CEOs run her business more often than not and Lauren's now controlled by Jabot.  Those are literally the only two I can think of who actually had companies they owned independent of male characters.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, except for that time when Susan Seaforth Hayes beat the sh!t out of Kaye Stevens in the ladies' room.  And the time when no woman wanted to work with Robert Kelker-Kelly, because he was perving on underaged girls.

• Members

I don't think she'd let experience on Y&R affect her at DAYS. She knows what the environment is like at DAYS. But I wonder if the problem is Steve Kent? (Meaning she wants to be done with Sony, which of course includes DAYS). Just thinking out loud, I have no idea, but considering his apparent history that some here refer to. He sounds like a problem.

Either way I agree it's probably why she wants to be done. Has she outright said she's not doing soaps anymore, period?

• Members

I think I might have. It's the only thing that makes sense: Steve Kent. And maybe just her overall experience with other execs (or actors?) too. But Steve Kent seems to be the problem. (And I'm sure there could very well be others). 

I could see Eileen being the one willing to go on record. I know Rowell tried to tell everyone but we know how that goes.

• Members

Attempt 2...lol.

Internet, my apologies.

She has not, but I always found it.the timing...strange that it was a 1-2 punch of 1)Kristen/Susan recast when ED has almost always be available and 2)immediately finding out she was leaving as her storyline was heating up. Odd. And the riddles of the articles sound like her to me. 

• Members

Yep, it all sort of added up for me. Makes so much sense. But also to be fair, DAYS tapes six months in advance, lol. Although the timing was ultimately very odd and it's likely connected.

If it walks, and talks, like a duck, chances are ... it's a duck.

• Members

I'm not entirely sure about Kent myself, this was all sort of news to me reading the thread and because of Rowell, I assumed he was the ultimate problem and likely (one of?) Eileen's issues. I guess he's a misogynist racist? Predator? All the above?

Archived