BTS harassment at Y&R

• Members

When Justin Hartley left and Chick flopped, TIIC decided MCE was of no value (not that I disagree) unless they could find her a GC compatible male.  Meanwhile, Morrow is of great value and gets to say he won't do a certain pairing.  I've always been ok with Josh, but he is not talent that you work OT to keep.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a long time ago...then she was back on contract, and then on recurring again.

The part that interested me was the part about the BTS person who worked at another east coast soap...who has now left. I think that person may be possible to figure out if one looks at credit lists.

• Members

That desperation just oozes off the screen. Look how little time it took to get JV naked. I'm expecting to see DB  in a scene as Nate performs open heart surgery  standing naked over the operating table. 

Didn't that one writer, last name Hall, come from GH. Who did Susan Dansby write for before Y&R hired her to shut up VR? Maybe Sara Bibel. 

• Members

I'm not going to speak on Steve Kent or whoever else specifically until we get a real story where the source isn't Tommie Garrett. That said, I have no trouble believing any of it and I wish real media would pick it up because I have absolutely zero faith soap media will.

• Members

I feel like you’re right and they’re stupid. If someone from one of the soap mags researches and breaks these stories it would get picked up by mainstream outlets and thus bring them revenue. Idk why everybody is so afraid. They can’t blacklist you! They need you to promote their shows. 

• Members

Taking my earlier comments about the 4 female actors further, let's look at Y&R's recurrent list:

Regularly appearing in 2018:

Female: MA, LB, TEB, JC, BM, JW and now CK. 

Male: CLB, JD, JV (he just joined so I'm sure he'll be offered contract).

To be fair, JW and LB seem to have made personal choices. I don't know about the others. 

I excluded KK and LW because they're more 'guest' appearances. TR was recently on GH, so I don't know his status.

TL was on for the arc and that was designed to meet his needs.

Who am I missing? 

• Members

Remember that storyline that lasted all of a day where some women had made allegations of sexism at Newman Enterprises and Victoria and Abby simply scoffed it off?  Uh, whatever happened to that story?

Please register in order to view this content

That storyline is looking like a not-so-subtle message that any woman reporting sexism or sexual misconduct at a major corporation won't be believed.

Archived