Chris B

Y&R: Josh Griffith is back (confirmed)...

Why not just promote Natalie Minardi-Slater as HW and Sally McDonald as EP?? it's stupid to even ask because that makes the most sense, but still...

Edited by YRfan23

At this point, I'd be down for Natalie Minardi Slater and Janice Ferri Esser being promoted to Co-HW's, since they probably know the show best.

Of course, by the time that happens, we'll KNOW the end is nigh.  (Case in point: Jill Lorie Hurst at GL.)

I find him a little unnecessarily dark tbh. After MAB was fired, his take on Y&R was a bit boring.

It is worth pointing out that no one HW has the kind of control and influence over the canvas that we attribute to them. Since CBS and Sony took over, they've had their fingers in every script. It is writing by committee at this point. And too many cooks spoil the broth!

Edited by Cat

9 minutes ago, Cat said:

I find him a little unnecessarily dark tbh. After MAB was fired, his take on Y&R was a bit boring.

It is worth pointing out that no one HW has the kind of control and influence over the canvas that we attribute to them. Since CBS and Sony took over, they've had their fingers in every script. It is writing by committee at this point. And too many cooks spoil the broth!

Yeah. I just think it’s going to be a “meet the new boss, same as the old boss” situation whether it’s NMS or Griffith or anyone else.

Like this matters. Remember how excited people were about what's her face from last year? That lasted all of a month.

I mean, honestly people.

aDoDP.gif

2 minutes ago, Darn said:

Like this matters. Remember how excited people were about what's her face from last year? That lasted all of a month.

I mean, honestly people.

aDoDP.gif

It doesn't matter. Every two or three years we get another EP/HW and quickly the non  stop complaints begin.  The plays the thing.  The problem is the era of soaps is over. We have a few that are running on fumes.  But it's just a matter of time before Sony/CBS findsa good reality, game or another talk show  to replace them.

20 minutes ago, Darn said:

I mean, honestly people.

aDoDP.gif

See this is why I don’t care. Y&R of all the soaps is historically my favorite and this used to upset me but it’s clear the show is done. In fact I hope Griffith brings Higley as his co-HW! Fcuk it at this point lol. Modern Y&R reminds me of the destruction of the PGP soaps from the writing and dismantling of the cast. Throw in how bad B&B is and they’re truly the new ATWT/GL. 

48 minutes ago, Chris B said:

See this is why I don’t care. Y&R of all the soaps is historically my favorite and this used to upset me but it’s clear the show is done. In fact I hope Griffith brings Higley as his co-HW! Fcuk it at this point lol. Modern Y&R reminds me of the destruction of the PGP soaps from the writing and dismantling of the cast. Throw in how bad B&B is and they’re truly the new ATWT/GL. 

You said it. I wonder if they can see that they're just repeating mistakes of the past.

It's odd.. when a soap gets cancelled, the quality kind of improves.. or it did for All My children once they got their pink slip from ABC..  The last few months was well done, lots of character interaction, etc... and it made me wonder why this couldn't have been done all along.

It will happen for Y & R once the end is near.

Edited by Soaplovers

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

The pressure from the highers-up is largely off when a show is cancelled, so I can understand why shows would improve.

After years of reading soap message boards, I don't think anything I've ever read rings more true than this short, simple statement.

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

This is like Another World all over again from 1993-1999.  Six years of chaos-  with 6 executive producers- Michael Laibson, Terri Guarnieri, John Valente, Jill Farren Phelps, Charlotte Savitz, and Christopher Goutman- and 8 headwriting teams- Peggy Sloane, Carolyn Culliton, Tom King and Craig Carlson, Margaret DePriest, King and Carlson AGAIN, Michael Malone, Richard Culliton, Leah Laiman and Jean Passanante

1 minute ago, watson71 said:

This is like Another World all over again from 1993-1999.  Six years of chaos-  with 6 executive producers- Michael Laibson, Terri Guarnieri, John Valente, Jill Farren Phelps, Charlotte Savitz, and Christopher Goutman- and 8 headwriting teams- Peggy Sloane, Carolyn Culliton, Tom King and Craig Carlson, Margaret DePriest, King and Carlson AGAIN, Michael Malone, Richard Culliton, Leah Laiman and Jean Passanante

Then it happened at ATWT.....Y&R is going to be canceled sooner than we think.