Y&R: Josh Griffith is back (confirmed)...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point, I'd be down for Natalie Minardi Slater and Janice Ferri Esser being promoted to Co-HW's, since they probably know the show best.

Of course, by the time that happens, we'll KNOW the end is nigh.  (Case in point: Jill Lorie Hurst at GL.)

• Members

I find him a little unnecessarily dark tbh. After MAB was fired, his take on Y&R was a bit boring.

It is worth pointing out that no one HW has the kind of control and influence over the canvas that we attribute to them. Since CBS and Sony took over, they've had their fingers in every script. It is writing by committee at this point. And too many cooks spoil the broth!

• Members

It doesn't matter. Every two or three years we get another EP/HW and quickly the non  stop complaints begin.  The plays the thing.  The problem is the era of soaps is over. We have a few that are running on fumes.  But it's just a matter of time before Sony/CBS findsa good reality, game or another talk show  to replace them.

• Members

See this is why I don’t care. Y&R of all the soaps is historically my favorite and this used to upset me but it’s clear the show is done. In fact I hope Griffith brings Higley as his co-HW! Fcuk it at this point lol. Modern Y&R reminds me of the destruction of the PGP soaps from the writing and dismantling of the cast. Throw in how bad B&B is and they’re truly the new ATWT/GL. 

• Members

It's odd.. when a soap gets cancelled, the quality kind of improves.. or it did for All My children once they got their pink slip from ABC..  The last few months was well done, lots of character interaction, etc... and it made me wonder why this couldn't have been done all along.

It will happen for Y & R once the end is near.

• Members

This is like Another World all over again from 1993-1999.  Six years of chaos-  with 6 executive producers- Michael Laibson, Terri Guarnieri, John Valente, Jill Farren Phelps, Charlotte Savitz, and Christopher Goutman- and 8 headwriting teams- Peggy Sloane, Carolyn Culliton, Tom King and Craig Carlson, Margaret DePriest, King and Carlson AGAIN, Michael Malone, Richard Culliton, Leah Laiman and Jean Passanante

Archived