YR actress decides to go recurring...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure. There is another female in that pic posted of the Rosales family from twitter. Maybe they will have her involved with Nate and Candace might interact more with Devon. I do wonder if they will still cast Candace.

• Members

ITA. It's like saying, "So what if we slaughtered the minority characters from the show? Here...here's another colored person we'll just throw in to mollify you. Satisfied now?"

How many times in soap history has shoving aside an established family in order to showcase a new clan been successful?

Does anyone else besides me even remember the Gregorys who were brought in as a major focus (taking attention away from the Matthewses) on AW? How popular were the Rappadorks or the Saunders or most of the O'Neills on OLTL? How many viewers forgot about the Bauers on TGL because watching Buzz Copper bellow and bray at his family was so much more entertaining? How many fans would have been happy to see the Hugheses backburnered on ATWT, if it meant we could be treated to more Ciccones?

If the writing were stellar, MAYBE this could have a chance at working. But with Mal Young at the helm?

Pffft.

• Members

Nate and new AA female characters will be the token black folks who will be in limited story and even more limited airtime. It'll be fine because no one will care about the characters anyway. They won't have fans complaining and campaiging holding their feet to the fire like with lane and Hevon fans. This is clearly what the show wants. 

All shows that are cancelled. Y&R is going down the same rabit hole. Displacing AAs for Latinos will not get this show anything good. 

• Members

Interesting casting news. So we might have Kerry and maybe Candace later on. And I could definitely see Arturo's younger sister Lola with Kyle. Hopefully, she can act and they have decent chemistry together. IMO, they are wasting Kyle on Summer. It's time to get him a decent love interest.

I think her and prison could be an interesting storyline. I wonder if we will see much of her behind bars, or if she really will go away and not be seen at all for a while, and we just hear about Cane/the kids visiting her in prison. Maybe if they go that route but she returns later on, they might write a storyline about the impact that prison has had on her. And we could still eventually see her meeting up with people that she knew from prison.

Archived