Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
applcin

What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

Recommended Posts

On 10/18/2019 at 11:00 AM, sheilaforever said:

The show is indeed fabulous. And surprisingly enough it has a great final season and amazing climax. Watch it!

Season 4 was a rather mixed bag, but you can sit thorugh that - it had some good moments.

 

I'mma just put the final season out of my mind.  Loved the series tho!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Appetit's Perfect Thanksgiving was totally charming as usual.  Claire and Brad entered a pie contest (no spoilers but it was very funny).  The finale with whole staff getting together to cook was like every family trying to get a meal on the table on time.  I continue to love this series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got BET+ to check out First Wives Club because I'd watch Jill Scott read the phone book.  It was worth it.  Was going to cancel afterwards but I had to binge it 2 more times.  That good!  Just finished binging Bigger on BET+ and I have to say that BET is delivering.  Gonna watch that one again as well.  

 

The only thing I miss about cable is tennis.  Otherwise, streaming is where it's at!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently making my way through season seven of Dynasty. Recently finished the entire series of That Girl, which I loved and miss, and I'm still mad that they didn't just end the show with Ann and Don getting married. I know Marlo supposedly had her reasons, but it made perfect sense for them to just get married and let that be the end of it.

I really want my next pick to be something from the last 20 years, like a One Tree Hill or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first few years of One Tree Hill were incredible.  I never like teens on soaps or anywhere else on tv but OTH came along and changed everything.  I loved that show!

 

I've done Gossip Girl (the one thing Netflix refuses to get rid of) so many times.  The last season was a dumper fire's dumpster fire and should have never aired.  But the first few seasons were terrific!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished That Girl a few weeks ago and miss it terribly.

Close to finishing Dynasty (not impressed with season nine, y'all, sorry :(). I'm very undecided on where I want to go after. I'm stuck between The White Shadow (54 episodes, should be a quick watch, will probably be the winner), The Addams Family (an extremely quick watch and should be fun), or catching up on current shows such as Good Trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

I finished That Girl a few weeks ago and miss it terribly.

Close to finishing Dynasty (not impressed with season nine, y'all, sorry :(). I'm very undecided on where I want to go after. I'm stuck between The White Shadow (54 episodes, should be a quick watch, will probably be the winner), The Addams Family (an extremely quick watch and should be fun), or catching up on current shows such as Good Trouble.

 

At least tell me you enjoyed the Sammy Jo/Fallon catfight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

At least tell me you enjoyed the Sammy Jo/Fallon catfight.

Oh, I did. One of the first Dynasty clips I ever saw was of Fallon's staccato gasp of "Sammy Jo!" before they start going at it, so it was nice to see it in context. I'm actually really disappointed in how much they're focusing Fallon on that annoying 80s cop Zorelli. I will say that Emma Samms has been great as Fallon, and they've written the character as much more like PSM's early portrayal, so I do like that, but I haaaaaaate Zorelli.

I just realized that I had already posted about finishing That Girl and possibly moving on to OTH. I'm pretty positive that I'm just going to do White Shadow and Addams Family at the same time first then go from there. I really want to dip my toes in to starting Ryan's Hope from the first episode, but I also have 90s AMC to start on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

Oh, I did. One of the first Dynasty clips I ever saw was of Fallon's staccato gasp of "Sammy Jo!" before they start going at it, so it was nice to see it in context. I'm actually really disappointed in how much they're focusing Fallon on that annoying 80s cop Zorelli. I will say that Emma Samms has been great as Fallon, and they've written the character as much more like PSM's early portrayal, so I do like that, but I haaaaaaate Zorelli.

 

I'm glad you liked that part. I remember not minding him but it's been a while since those Soapnet (RIP) repeats. 

 

Beyond the better Fallon, my main highlight that season was Sable - she had such layers. And while Alexis wasn't used as much, she had some good moments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd seen commercials for "Dr. Pimple Popper" on TLC but wasn't interested. Then I caught part of the show last week and ended up binging the rest. It's weirdly fascinating, sad, happy, a little gross (some might say a lot) at times. But the doctor does really good work and she seems to have a cool personality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 6:20 PM, applcin said:

I'd seen commercials for "Dr. Pimple Popper" on TLC but wasn't interested. Then I caught part of the show last week and ended up binging the rest. It's weirdly fascinating, sad, happy, a little gross (some might say a lot) at times. But the doctor does really good work and she seems to have a cool personality. 

I love DPP!!! I could live off of DPP, Hoarders, and 600-lb Life every day for the rest of my life.

Some episodes really are too gross for me to ever want to see again, though. There was the one guy who lived in the trailer park and had (I think) a lipoma that was already partially exposed and smelled like "ten dead rats." I'm glad she was able to fix that for him, and IIRC, he even hooked up with one of the ladies in the trailer park afterward, but I'm never watching that one ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 7:20 PM, applcin said:

I'd seen commercials for "Dr. Pimple Popper" on TLC but wasn't interested. Then I caught part of the show last week and ended up binging the rest. It's weirdly fascinating, sad, happy, a little gross (some might say a lot) at times. But the doctor does really good work and she seems to have a cool personality. 

I love this show I guess I'm a pop a holic LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...