What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

14 minutes ago, Khan said:

Trust me: it only gets worse (and I say that as a fan of John Masius and John Tinker's).

Oh No Facepalm GIF by moodman

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, ChitHappens said:

Ok!  Have I got a gem for you guys...  Grantchester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I love my British dramas and this one is just excellent.  I followed James Norton, the lead, from Happy Valley.  Hated his psycho character but he was amazing in HV.  He plays the town Vicar caught up in crime solving with the local police sergeant, played by Robson Green.  This is the first I've seen of Green but I will now be searching for his other projects.  He's is really good.  His character leaves a lot to be desired but the acting is top notch!  

Fantastic series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a really good show! It has the cosiness of classic British whodunnits like Miss Marple and Poirot, but with an edge. 

Currently on season 3 of Better Call Saul. Such a fantastic companion piece to Breaking Bad. It’s like a love letter to the fans that loved Breaking Bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Started American Horror Story: Coven because Angela, Jessica and Kathy in one place is utter brilliance.  The best season of the series if you forget about the finale (even tho I stopped watching long ago).

I was just thinking of COVEN last week. lol. Great minds.

THE WEEK FOR ME...

BATWOMAN SEASON 1

WESTWORLD SEASON 2

MERLIN SEASON 5...if my system gets fixed.

WASTELAND (only one season and I never got to see it from Kevin Williamson of SCREAM/DAWSON'S CREEK)

• 3 weeks later...

I started watching The Crown about two weeks ago. Currently a couple episodes into season two. Admittedly I’m just working my way to get to Olivia Colman as the lead. Though I recently heard from a friend that season 3 is pointless and I should skip to season 4 with the intro of Diana. 

18 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

I started watching The Crown about two weeks ago. Currently a couple episodes into season two. Admittedly I’m just working my way to get to Olivia Colman as the lead. Though I recently heard from a friend that season 3 is pointless and I should skip to season 4 with the intro of Diana. 

A good reason.  Wonderful actress.  I first peeped her in Broadchurch and knew she was destined for greatness!  

I'm binging Living Single and just in heaven.  Forgot how good this show was.  I have to ignore that creature known as Overton but the rest of the show is top notch.  Folks should have been busting down Queen Latifah's door to get her in hair commercials!  Erika Alexander is such a gifted actress.  Loved me some Max!  But great ensemble (if you ignore Overton)!

1 minute ago, ChitHappens said:

A good reason.  Wonderful actress.  I first peeped her in Broadchurch and knew she was destined for greatness!  

I'm binging Living Single and just in heaven.  Forgot how good this show was.  I have to ignore that creature known as Overton but the rest of the show is top notch.  Folks should have been busting down Queen Latifah's door to get her in hair commercials!  Erika Alexander is such a gifted actress.  Loved me some Max!  But great ensemble (if you ignore Overton)!

Why you don't like Overton? ( I think I can imagine why though) 

Am watching The Fall with Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan. The latter actor surprised me with his creepy, restrained performance. Have finished S1 which was genuinely tense. Am getting into S2 and sensing that something is off in the writing/it's just not the same. Nevertheless, I do want to know what happens and these UK seasons are super short (6 episodes).

The Crown S1 and 2 is next on my list.

24 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Why you don't like Overton? ( I think I can imagine why though) 

Please, do tell.

Just now, Forever8 said:

Because they constantly wrote him like an idiot?

Lots of shows have a lovable idiot, The Golden Girls, Cheers, Threes Company, etc.  The actors pulled it off.  John Henton (Overton) didn't do a very good job and I found the character unwatchable.  

1 minute ago, ChitHappens said:

Lots of shows have a lovable idiot, The Golden Girls, Cheers, Threes Company, etc.  The actors pulled it off.  John Henton (Overton) didn't do a very good job and I found the character unwatchable.  

Okay....