Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Members

LA Law Season 2 - Courtesy of IMDbTV and Dailymotion (the episodes that our missing from IMDb) 

@ChitHappensinspired me to start LA Law. Currently on Season 2 

Did you know the stars did a virtual reunion? 

2 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

@ChitHappensinspired me to start LA Law. Currently on Season 2 

Did you know the stars did a virtual reunion? 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
46 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Wow!  I had no idea.  I know a reboot is being tossed about but I'm not in unless Jill and Michael return.  

Gotta watch.  Thanks

Please register in order to view this content

You're Welcome!!! Curious to hear your thoughts of the reunion.

• Members

If they are planning an "L.A. Law" reboot, then I hope they'll land a writer/producer who was as good as David E. Kelley.  He MADE the original series, IMO; and when he left to create and produce "Picket Fences," the quality went down FAST.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

THE BORGIAS Season 1 and 2. Will probably just watch the whole 3-season thing...

Decided to give it a second chance after watching the first 3 episodes over a year ago and the show found its groove and is fantastic.

• Members

On Season 4 of LA LAW. 

Only downside is of course the missing episodes from IMDbTV 

Luckily, I found the episode of Stuart and Ann having their baby somewhere else. Now I'm on Episode 9 instead of Episode 8 which is also missing. 

• Members

Barnaby Jones!  Some wonderful kind soul put the series on YT and I'm in heaven.  You can look at Lee Merriweather and see she is beautiful but now I'm seeing the woman was positively stunning!  

Watched and eppy yesterday with Toni Geary and Robert Reed and its no wonder Reed hated The [zero substance] Brady Bunch so much.  I saw how magnificent he was in Roots.  His character was absolutely disgusting but I will be damned if Reed didn't damn near convince me, as a kid, why slaves should not be allowed to learn to read.  He was THAT good. 

He was so good in this eppy of Barnaby!

• Members
On 1/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, Forever8 said:

Something is telling me when David E. Kelley leaves this show is going to go to the pits. 

Yep.  As EP's and showrunners, Patricia Green and Rick Wallace were so bad that Kelley and Bochco had to return at mid-season as consultants.  Then, Steven Bochco stayed on as EP (while Kelley left again) until the seventh season, when he hired "St. Elsewhere" vets John Masius & John Tinker to be the show's new showrunners.  IIRC, they incorporated the L.A. riots into the storylines.  Masius & Tinker were/are great writer/producers, but totally wrong for "L.A. Law."  Subsequently, ratings were so bad that the show had to go on hiatus.  William M. Finkelstein, who'd worked on the show during the Kelley era, was brought back to fix things.  Finkelstein did improve "L.A. Law," but by that point, with so much cast turnover, I think viewers had moved on.

• Members
10 hours ago, Khan said:

Yep.  As EP's and showrunners, Patricia Green and Rick Wallace were so bad that Kelley and Bochco had to return at mid-season as consultants.  Then, Steven Bochco stayed on as EP (while Kelley left again) until the seventh season, when he hired "St. Elsewhere" vets John Masius & John Tinker to be the show's new showrunners.  IIRC, they incorporated the L.A. riots into the storylines.  Masius & Tinker were/are great writer/producers, but totally wrong for "L.A. Law."  Subsequently, ratings were so bad that the show had to go on hiatus.  William M. Finkelstein, who'd worked on the show during the Kelley era, was brought back to fix things.  Finkelstein did improve "L.A. Law," but by that point, with so much cast turnover, I think viewers had moved on.

Thanks for the info. I can tell in Season 5 the turnover is about to begin with Sheila Kelley and Amanda Donohoe. While, five episodes in Abby (Michele Greene) gets the least focus (Although, I did enjoy the episode when she defends the couple who wants to send their adoptive son back into state custody. 

Edited by Forever8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok!  Have I got a gem for you guys...  Grantchester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Image result for grantchester

I love my British dramas and this one is just excellent.  I followed James Norton, the lead, from Happy Valley.  Hated his psycho character but he was amazing in HV.  He plays the town Vicar caught up in crime solving with the local police sergeant, played by Robson Green.  This is the first I've seen of Green but I will now be searching for his other projects.  He's is really good.  His character leaves a lot to be desired but the acting is top notch!  

Fantastic series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Watched the UK mini series It's a Sin. Last night on some bootleg site. It's depressing and generic. The brief moments of fun, self/sexual discovery and 80's realness. Are few and far between.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton