What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Members

It looks exceptional. The show has aged better than I expected. 

I forgot how handsome David Charvet was, but probably not the best actor. It's a shame Brandon Call didn't remain on the show. Even into season four, I'm still getting used to Jeremy Jackson as Hoby.

I'm also enjoying the prolonged musical interludes and dream sequences. 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Included free with Prime??!!?

I have the entire series box set (in the house packaging) but it's so much easier to just stream.

Never mind, I just looked it up. Damn. I really need for there not to be so many options out there. I can honestly sit here and binge the entire 4th season of LHOTP right now. Easily one of my top five favorite seasons of any TV show.

Edited by All My Shadows

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been binging Stargate:Universe on amazon. I can see why it's like the relative nobody wants to talk about. I'm about halfway through the 2nd (and final) season so far. It bears very little resemblance to the rest of the franchise. They were obviously trying to appeal to the younger demo because most of the cast looks to be in their mid 20s-early 30s and it's a darker, grittier scenario. More sex, more personal drama, a lot of documentary-style camera techniques and flashbacks into the personal lives of a bunch of uninteresting characters. It's completely serialized and comes across more like a CW angst-filled drama with the stargate being almost incidental. And there's a music montage in every episode. 

The actors seem totally bland and uninteresting to me, with the exception of Robert Carlyle, who has been great at making me forget Rumple/Mr. Gold. And Lou Diamond Phillips, who is a recurring guest. 

I don't totally hate it but I can see why it only lasted 2 seasons.

• 1 month later...