US Soap General Discussion

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days used to look even more yellow 13 years ago and Y&R's lighting has been bright, harsh, and unyielding since the switch to HD... it used to be much better. I almost get the feeling that all these shows are still using the same light settings and makeup regimen they used with the pre-HD cameras.

Days looked halfway good when Ed Scott was producing in '07-08.

• Members

The 1990’s was the last time I remember levels of wealth being used in the storytelling.

Every show had something like a major tycoon, and also doctors, nurses, cops, and then things like wait staff, people that ran nightclubs etc.

It was a big deal for someone like Bobbie to go to a party at the Quartermaines, because she wanted a better life than she had growing up.  Luke was always hustling, from mob to disco to club owner to marrying Tracy for her money.

I don’t think having Spaulding Industries or Jabot storylines was the problem.  The problem became that everyone either had money, or just didn’t talk about not having money.  They only had jobs if it was at a major corporation, not really investing in things like Kelly’s or the diner on GL.  

Archived