Soap Families Who Actually Look Related

• Members

Lauren Koslow's Kate has this category on lock, especially with the actors who were cast to play her sons...Lisa Rinna doesn't work because she's only ten years younger than Lauren Koslow (who looks ten years younger than Rinna...)

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As others have mentioned, Alicia Minshew was the first name that came to mind. Before we knew what an Alicia Minshew was, I thought Wendy Moniz would've made for a good Kendall recast given her resemblance to Susan and coming off her portrayal of Dinah.

I wonder if Bianca would've been cast with actresses more closely resembling Susan had they not taken the character in a different direction with Nathalie Paulding. Gina Gallagher's Bianca was a bratty sassy pants ("I'm Erica Kane's daughter!") and seemed geared to morph into a second incarnation of Erica. The anorexia storyline had Bianca as depressed, withdrawn, "*different* looking", bullied/teased.

While Mark LaMura favored Albert Stratton, I don't think Susan particularly resembled either of her onscreen parents. Certainly not in the way Robin Strasser resembled Constance Ford and Walter Mathews. Robin even spoke about how they cast her father "explaining" where Rachel got her dusky features.

• Members

And I wish she had stayed that way.  Bianca, Patron Saints of Lesbian Rape Victims, could be unbearable at times.

She wasn't Bianca for very long, but I thought Lacey Chabert favored Susan Lucci a lot.

Also, I thought ATWT's first two Margos, Margaret Colin and Hillary B. Smith, could pass for sisters IRL.  (Same with Kathleen Turner and Kim Zimmer, who both played THE DOCTORS' Nola -- that is, before alcohol abuse, bad plastic surgery, and rheumatoid arthritis medication wreaked havoc on Turner's looks.)

• Members

Also... Is this thread only for castings that were, or also for castings that should have been?

When Marie Wilson was brought onto ATWT as Meg, I know a lot of people said she should have been Ellie because that character was more of a blank slate (whereas Meg had been married to Josh, a marriage that was broken up to allow for the recast). 

Personally, I had never seen Ellie, and I didn't immediately see it when I first saw her in classic clips, but when I came upon these more recent photos of Renee Props, I thought she and Marie Wilson shared an uncanny resemblance. 

Image result for Renee PropsImage result for summer days of our lives actress

Image result for renee propsImage result for marie wilson meg snyder

• Members

I don't think they look anything alike but Ashley Bashioum looks 100% like she could be Beau Keyser's daughter.

Adrienne Leon and Lyndsy Fonseca were both excellent casting as Beth Maitland and Don Diamont's daughter.

• Members

Yeah. As for Drake's Roman, I think he and Bo had a "something" that made them believable as brothers, even if the resemblance wasn't as strong. I don't think he looked mush like Kayla or Kim. In that case, I think that chemistry you mentioned helped make that recast work, too. (And now, as things go, the lack of resemblance works for obvious reasons.)

• Members

As someone said before- Marlena's kids.  Not sure about GV, but AS, Kirsten Storms/MM, and Jensen Ackles  were perfect casting.  Even Christie Clark favors Marlena which makes no sense since they aren't related, but she looked like Sami and Belle.  John's kids look a lot like him too.  EM and CS literally have the same mannerisms as Drake/John

• Members

Definitely agree about Marlena and her children/ stepchildren looking like they are related.

Please register in order to view this content

I also agree about Kate and her children. And I think that Chelsea Brady (Rachel Melvin) looked a lot like her mother Billie, (more so Julie's Pinson's Billie.)

Also Darnell Williams and Cornelius's Smith Jr's Frankie as father and son. He was very believable as Jesse and Angie's biological son.  I also thought that Shannon Kane looked like she could be Jessie's and Angie's biological daughter. (though she wasn't) I thought she looked a lot like Angie.

And Maxie/Felicia, Patrick/Noah/Matt, Carly and Joss from GH

Archived