When real life gets in the way

• Members

Patrick Duffy leaving and returning screwed up Dallas. Victoria Principal leaving was the final nail in the coffin for the decline. Jim Davis death also was a blow to the show. That storyline where they toyed with the idea of Wes being Jock didn't sit right. I think Jock should have died and a proper funeral be done, not that crap they tried to milk.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that you mention it, Caroline, I do recall Tony Geary being credited for the story (w/ Irene Suyer).  IIRC, too, he even went to SOD and disavowed it, claiming his and Suyer's treatment for "Endgame" was not the same story that appeared onscreen.

• Members

Yeah, I am pretty sure he sort of spoiled what he had 'written' too and it was nothing like what appeared on GH.

What about Melrose Place? The bombing of the actual building had to put off to the next season right?  Kimberly just had her hand on the trigger or pushed it but we didn't see the aftermath until next year because of the OKC bombing.  I don't think it really effected the story much though.

• Members

Hunter Tylo was supposed to be brought in later.  She had nothing to do with the apartment bomb story lol.  She was cast as Lisa Rinna's character who appeared in season 5 and on and who got pregnant too lol.

Do you think Tylo's firing effected any Taylor story?  I can't imagine Tylo/Rinna's Taylor's matching up.  Rinna was such a fun, campy villain.  I can't imagine Tylo doing that...Also did they name the character after Hunter's character on B&B.

• Members

It was before, as I remember seeing MDM in the cop uniform 

Caleb changed a great deal with the recast. Graham Winton was a competent actor who was very dry...he would have made a better Seth recast. He also had less chemistry with Susan Marie Snyder. And the pairing of Julie and Caleb went from two complicated, self-destructive people to do-gooder Caleb and Julie the screw-up. 

Archived