B&B August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@Faulkner Because B&B does crime stories so well...

So it was just a matter of time before Brill was revived. I guessing the following:

1. Brooke illogically 'opening her very big heart" to $B in custody case to give excuse for screentime together. (After all the times Stephanie tried to undermine her parenting, NO WAY Brooke would ever do that to H8ie.)

2. Brooke/Widge really hit skids after he picks Stuffy's line over Dope's

3. After HFTF gets axed, Brooke negotiates deal with $B to keep it alive at Spencer - with Brooke mentioning it helps both Lame and Dope. "They're our children!"

4. $B realizes Brooke is still his destiny. Widge starts spending time with H8ie.

5. Brill reunite only for Stuffy to discover that Taylor switched Kelly's paternity tests.... 

• Members

Brill was the best relationship ever for Brooke. $B has been the only man who never judged or diminished Brooke. I was appalled that they had Brooke dump $B in a nanosecond to reunite with Widge, the man who treated her like garbage pinging back-n-forth with Taylor and left her on honeymoon in Paris. C'mon. 

The writing for $B the past year has been skewed so much to make any logical person hate him - from the Tower obsession, to Stuffy Stalking, blackmailing Taylor, betraying his adult sons. Yeah, terrible.

How does anyone NOT see that Brill is coming back? Nine months ago, Brooke washed her hands of $B because of the fire and now she's willing to help him win a custody battle of the sister she betrayed! It's so ludicrous, but also so very B&B

• Members

@soapfan770 I never considered that possibility because of Hunter's status. If that happened, it could be good. The first step would be for Taylor (or Stuffy) to reveal to Widge that $B is blackmailing her. White Knight Widge runs to her side and it begins.

It would be nice if they actually took their time with some of these "1st Generation" storylines. I only point to the the rush to get Widge/Brooke remarried after she dumped $B, which happened a few months after she dumped Widge in Oz and only a few months after Widge stopped the Brill wedding at the house, etc? These characters are very long in the tooth and they aren't going anywhere, so stretch those stories out. 

• Members

I think Hunter would probably be happy with more appearances with some more meat in them if they were to work out that type of story. Now that Taylor has also met Quinn, they could become friends as well, even have Quinn manipulate or play matchmaker for Ridge and Taylor to reconnect. Of course, Brad would have to be willing to use his former pet again, who's strangely has languished all this year so far. 

The writing for Steffy and Hope has been on the bizarre side about their "bond". I fully expect that by November sweeps, we'll get our "shocking" moment of when Steffy and Hope share a kiss. 

Archived