General Hospital August 2018 Discussion

• Members

There's just a certain emptiness I feel when I see MS chewing up scenery as Nina whining and crying about what she's lost. The possibility of her coma baby being possibly being alive, means that someone  already on canvas is her daughter, or they are bringing someone else in to be her daughter.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nina's rotten eggs and anyone that came from said eggs are not and have never been necessary. She is a crap character and always has been. 

Nothing against the Staff. She plays what they give her. She could have been brought in as a character related to the Webbers, Hardys, Spencers, Quartermaines, or Baldwins and I may have accepted her, even liked her. But she wasn't. She was brought in as a Craptini pet. They tied her to Franko, Silazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, etc. and "Ninny" has been a waste of space since. With all of her relatives dead, in jail. or on the run, her disappearance would barely register. (Much like when Franko and Julian were gone and no one noticed.)

• Members

As much as I want to invest in this Lucas/Brad and Michael baby switch, I can't.

1. Baby Wiley..... We know nothing about the birth mother, haven't met her, and all happened mostly off-screen. 

2. The switch was originally supposed to be with Maxie's (birthing classes, etc.) until someone said "Oh wait, we did that with Maxie and Lulu...duh".

3. Nelle being away in jail prevents us from watching her toy with Michael and manipulate Brad. This could have been some great story. Instead we'll see Julian "Do anything for my son."   You know, the son that wanted him to have zero interaction with his child.

Please register in order to view this content

Michael has more chemistry with Harrison then he ever did with Nelle---just sayin'.

• Members

I actually have grown to like the Staff as an actress, but I would agree that her character on GH, Nina, was ill-conceived.  Ron Carlivati capitalized on the fact that the Staff's character on her old soap was in a coma, so he introduced her new character on GH as coming out of a coma.  At first, some viewers probably exclaimed, "Clever!", but now, since the actress is on contract and her character effectively has no past, how much can be done with her?  A good soap character needs a past.

On an unrelated note, I loved Maura West's performances as a really pissed off Ava.

• Members

On the 8/22 episode, we are supposed to believe that a super-savvy former WSB agent like Valentin had to hire Curtis to find Nina's lost child?  Why Curtis of all people?  Even if Valentin couldn't do it on his own, you mean to tell me that he couldn't find a private detective that doesn't know Nina personally?  I know, I know.  It's a soap and not real life.  I am glad to see the characters on the canvas interacting, however.  I just wish in this case, it was in a more believable way.

• Members

I dont think the actor playing Chase would do a gay role by some of his interviews Ive seen but I may be wrong

Are we gonna meet the birth mom of the baby that Lucas and Brad had adopted? Cause if we dont, why care about this story. Its just done with no gusto

Archived