General Hospital August 2018 Discussion

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not sure it's just a Frank thing.  Remember in 2010 and 2011 when they were repeating?  Except for the Brenda marathon most of the episodes were pretty recent and all the holiday repeats for the last several years have been fairly recent too.    Soapnet used to show good episodes in marathons, but I don't remember ABC ever doing it except for the Daytime to Remember period between The City ending and PC starting.

• Members

<coughs> BULLS  HIT  <coughs>

If it's coming from Varni, there's a 99% chance it's a lie. Unless it's him blowing sunshine up #fireFrank's ass.

I guess there have been too many dayplayers this month, so the budget is strapped. I thought they covered that when DZ was let go.

Again....here's where the cash for those 3 episodes should come from.....

Please register in order to view this content

I'm sorry, but Franko preaching over Griffin like some smug, sanctimonious person was more than enough---and Carly thanking him was way over the top.   It's time for Franko, Nina,  Julian and Finn to be written off, along with Kiki and Bensch. If one character should be a resident, it's T.J.

How long until we learn

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No lies here. Four of the biggest wastes of a paycheck.

I made the mistake of trying to watch again last week. I learned my lesson. It was the same bullshit.

Varni and Frank both need to be fired and their pets right along with them.

I see a LOT of complaints about GH on "the twitter". Why are fans not coming together to launch a #FireFrankenVarni campagin?

DAYS fans got Higley fired once.

• Members

How do they not see the ratings are what they are because of the need for these four to be front and center.....

The only bump they'll see is when Genie returns...until her screentime goes back down again. ValenVarni will waste no time showing Genie off and then relegating her to the background for a Franko saves Port Charles story.....

• Members

Lawd, really? Poor Donna Mills.

Anyone see Frankie on The Twitter about Peter? I sure said enough ...

I don't know how that man can tweet sometimes with a straight face. I imagine it's done ahead of time, personally.

This current version of GH reminds me of the last days of GL and ATWT. Morseo ATWT. Characters forced on us (Janet, Liberty, fakePaul, fakeDusty, fakeMeg) while the vets and other ATWT characters sat on the sidelines. Stars being let go or running for the hills (Martha Byrne; Genie Francis) and the producer doesn't seem to get it or care.

It feels very similar to Goutman at ATWT.

Oh Lawd. Seriously? 

I'm so tired of everyone being related because they think it's a guaranteed way to "lock them on the canvas" so to speak. Most viewers see right through that. I mean, Peter gets instant hate from me for the terrible retcon he is. And then Frank has the nerve to basically defend him because "he's Anna's son and Robin's brother". Um. No Frank. That was your blatant attempt at tying him to the canvas and forcing him on us.

I so hate him. He was the real problem during Ron's tenure. Not that Ron wasn't a [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*] hot mess.

When Roger Howarth was off on his little vacation during his contract stuff and when William deVry was off, it was SO nice. Julian and Franco add NOTHING. They were not missed and were easily written out. It's blatant they're forcing them on us and attempting to make this work. It's ridiculous. Like you said, Nina too could be killed off tomorrow and nothing would change.

I'm so sick of the focus on them. And clearly judging from The Twitter, we're actually not alone in this. I'm just wondering how long Frank can keep this up. He has to know damn well these characters aren't working despite his raging hard-on for them.

None of them fit. It all feels so forced.

Meanwhile, I don't hate Griffin. I don't hate Ava. I don't hate Curtis or Jordan. I didn't hate Andre. They all felt like natural additions.

It's when Frank and Varni force their pets on us. Forcing things will never work. It just makes viewers more resentful.

• Members

https://tvline.com/gallery/best-and-worst-tv-spinoffs/#!26/tcdpoch-ec030/

BEST: Port Charles

SPINOFF OF: General Hospital

Spinning off the characters of Lucy Coe, Kevin Collins, Scott Baldwin and Karen Wexler, Port Charles was Grey’s Anatomy years before the primetime soap ever existed, focused as it was on a group of interns. But once the vampire story kicked in, we were all in

TCDPOCH EC030

Archived