slick jones

General Hospital August 2018 Discussion

2 hours ago, Ponds said:

I'm sorry, but Scotty is a terrible joke on this show!

He is. They’ve turned him into a clown — that hair is bad enough, but that dialogue is from another show. Kin Shriner must need the paycheck. He sure doesn’t care about Scotty.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:47 PM, Ponds said:

I'm sorry, but Scotty is a terrible joke on this show!

On 8/12/2018 at 1:25 AM, ranger1rg said:

He is. They’ve turned him into a clown — that hair is bad enough, but that dialogue is from another show. Kin Shriner must need the paycheck. He sure doesn’t care about Scotty.

Of course Kin Shriner needs the paycheck.  He has to sing for his supper just like everyone else.  It has been clear to me that no writing team since Frank Valentini's arrival has truly understood Scotty, his motivations or background, or his quirky brand of humor.  I for one, am still glad he's still on the show and that he wasn't fired for good around the show's 55th anniversary.  I will still hold out hope that somehow, some way, at least a part of the writing team will do some homework and mine some of the many possibilities that this character can still deliver, even all these years later.

On 8/12/2018 at 12:25 AM, ranger1rg said:

The middle of a #MeToo court trial, let's toss in some hi jinks with Scotty and Stanco.  It was ridiculous and I literally cringed watching it.  It's bad enough they've made a serial killing rapists morally superior to all of the other predators, but to make such a joke out of it to give Howarth something to do was absurd.  I was enjoying it until those 2 started.  Scotty doesn't know how to throw a trial without looking like a jackass?  He's in the wrong profession.  

I just posted a status about that not seeing it here first.

They are in money trouble more than likely. This kinda sucks. 

As much as I just hate watched or watched out of habit for a few years before Ryan returned from the dead. I still don't want the show cancelled. 

1 hour ago, jcar03 said:

What is the source on these repeats? 

Twitter.  SoapsJen/SourceJen said all 3 days are repeats.  I am not very good a twitter, but Aug 29 will repeat Jan 26th's episode I guess.  Not sure about the other days.  I believe 9/3 is a repeat too due to Labor day.