Days: August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree the production problems are one of the biggest problems they have. That and episode guarantees. All budget related. Maybe they should get someone who can re-configure things? Never hurts to have a budget overhaul. Something's really gotta change there.

And maybe re-do some sets? I'm tired of the same ones being re-used. It's distracting, and I shouldn't even really notice.

My other only real issue is that the momentum lacks. That's the problem with having a large cast (though GH's is MUCH larger), low guarantees, etc. I miss the days of stories playing out 3-4-5 days a week. Most don't seem to agree this is a problem but I think it is.

• Members

They have them both on ebay for pretty cheap.  I just keep mine in a box too.  I forgot I had it until I saw it again.  Displaying dolls as an adult creeps me out, especially Barbies, although I could probably convince my husband.  He's let me keep the entire run of Sonny and Brenda edits that I have had forever on VHS even though we haven't had a VCR in years.

• Members

Haiduk is doing well as Susan. I was LOL'ing. Loved when she accidentally pulled off the head and we got a wink wink nod to MarDevil and Kayla had to say to Valerie "don't ask".

LOL

This is the Ron DAYS I wanted.

Eve getting drunk and being snarky is

Please register in order to view this content

(how Nicole should have been, I miss her "Pookie" days and early years so so much; not that she shouldn't have evolved but lawd ... victim and heroine she is NOT). Ron I think got Nicole. Mix of feisty yet vulnerable. I like Eve vs. Jen but I missed the setup. What happened to make things frosty again? It took way way way too long but at least Eve/Jen/Eric/Brady are in the same story and mixing it up, like they should have been. (EDIT: nevermind, the Kayla/Jen talk started and clearly Jen is lying to Eric about Brady forcing Nicole out of Salem. I [!@#$%^&*] LOVE THAT!). I love Ron has Kayla and Jen conflicted over keeping secrets. Flawed characters! THANK YOU.

BELLE!  Why is she not around permanently? Like Carrie should be (FYI, Christie Clark was traveling the world as they taped this; I have no doubts she would have been included). 

I know it's not for everyone but I love how hot John and Marlena still are for each other  John playing pirate. LMAO.

Poor Kayla left with Susan. LMAO. Me thinks that tarot card (CELESTE MENTION! Get on it Ron! How is Tanya Boyd?) was for Steve and Kayla ...

• Members

I thought she did a really good job.  My expectations were low, but I feel like she got the overall sense of the Susan character, which I think is actually trickier than getting Kristen.

Painting Lilac's is super lame for a bachelorette party, but whatever.  So Maggie just wasn't invited to the party?  At least there were excuses about Hope and Kate.

• Members

I think Haiduk was fine as Susan. The makeup def wasn't as witchy and all-consuming - you can tell she's still pretty - but the performance was solid.

I love Steve and Kayla so I've always felt it was a mistake to keep writing them out over and over. Taking a cut is one thing, but they should be around.

• Members

Agree about Stacey Haiduk as Susan. That’s about as good as you can get with a recast.

i also agree with you about the show’s energy. DAYS seems worse to me than the other soaps, though. The writing was good in this episode, but damn, one scene after another was low, low energy. A group of women fill a room and there’s no laughter and cliched cackling? It was more like a funeral dinner. 

Either the director is to blame, or the blame goes to the exec producer for telling the director to film every scene on a set in the same stagnant way — actors in the same exact place in every scene on that set, camera always set and never moving, no establishing shots, etc. I know they’re saving time and money, but it’s all so bad.

• Members

No one will ever touch Eileen as Kristen. When she's really intense there's an ice and a precision as well as, somehow, a visceral nature to what she does in that role that I've almost never seen in daytime anywhere else.

I was always lukewarm on Haiduk's daytime work because of the hype, but I also didn't watch much of it. But I've always really liked her in her scores of appearances in primetime - and I was incredibly impressed by her brief, shocking and unrecognizable turn in Sharp Objects a few weeks ago. I think she can pull Kristen off. She and Eileen both have a long, long background in the business and have been underrated for grit more than once. I just wonder if she can demonstrate the same precision, as opposed to just bitchery.

Archived