Days: August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Off topic (not really since it's Days related), but is it super lame that I have my Marlena Barbie doll still?  And squealed with joy when they showed it today?.  John playing with it was the highlight of the episode.  Also, VK is so beautiful.  She is just a stunning, stunning girl.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed.  I was 16 years old and had to pre-order that doll.  I was watching Days with my husband tonight (I use that term loosely because he was just sitting there on his phone) and pulled out the doll and he was like I can't believe that is actually a real thing.  That you still own.

• Members

Haha, I look forward to getting to that ep.

Just got to Will asking Kate to borrow some money and Ted walking out of the bathroom. Priceless

Please register in order to view this content

I know I might have asked this before so sorry for asking again, but how is Abby Steve's niece? Still getting my head around Days history.

• Members

Oh sorry to spoil an episode for you.  Jack and Steve are brothers.   Hence, Abby being Steve's niece.  I am not a huge Johnson/Devereaux expert, but I believe Steve and Adrienne were raised by Jo and Duke Johnson, but Jo gave Jack up to Harper Devereaux to give Jack a better life even though I think they are all fully blood related.  A better historian of Days could probably confirm.  I know more about the Brady/Black/Evans history.

• Members

I tune into Days very on and off, but this week looks good.  The wedding looks to be like an pretty worthy event.  Although I am a little unclear why J&M aren't married to begin with and go all out for their 7000 wedding. Idk anything about Steve.  I don't think there has been much of him in spoilers besides today.

• Members

Not at all, I usually watch behind as I'm from the UK.

Ah thanks @carolineg and @Vee. The surname is what throws me off track but I remember now. I'm sure I asked before, hopefully I won't forget again

I love how everyone is suspicious about Sami not coming to the wedding because avoiding confrontation doesn't sound like her  

• Members

Like Vee said, Abby and JJ are Jack & Jennifer's kids... Jack is Steve and Adrienne's brother.  From what I understand, they (the Johnson's) are the prototype for DAYS' "underdog" family... Adrienne is the "type character" for Billie Reed and Nicole Walker.  I love that Abby and JJ are positioned as the next generation of Horton's (even above Shawn, Ciara, Claire, and Will), but they are apart of an oft-ignored significant "Days" family, the Johnson's.  Fun fact: Jackson "Sonny" is named after Abby and JJ's father, Jack.

• Members

I knew she'd be "right" for Susan. I thought having her as Susan made the most sense. I have no doubt she can "do"  Kristen too but Susan was where I was hoping/knowing she'd succeed, for whatever reason.

I haven't watched today yet. I watched yesterday and actually made it through the whole show, even if I cringed at Papa Bear Sonny throwing himself at Will again. Sigh. It just plays bad which I don't think is the intention. But they captured the longing at the end. Just tired of Sonny being so desperate when Will clearly has no memory of him.

I liked Adrienne vs. Bonnie but I feel like there's no real energy on soaps anymore. It felt a little off to me. But kudos to Judi for doing such a good job as both of them. IMO, of course. I think we all know Bonnie called

. I LOL'd at Hope throwing the phone at her and Bonnie trying to seduce Steve.

Ciara and Hope are both approaching this so wrong. I can't really root for either of them. I'm not sold on "Cin" right now. To be fair, I missed the set up of their romance. I'm not doubting they have chemistry, but I didn't like how it was handled yesterday. And it's clear Tripp's gonna get thrown under the bus to prop them next. Here's the thing: STOP PROPPING. Just write naturally. When it works, it WILL work.

Odd that John and Marlena popped up what felt like half way through. I liked the Marbie doll. And I liked John was playful and having fun. It's really nice to see Marlena and John have personalities again! But the show still feels low energy. You used to really "feel" the set up and that things were happening but it just all feels so low key.

I'm over Kate but I do like she'd "do anything" for Will. I'm glad I missed Marini's turn as Ted. I was never the biggest fan of his (and I watched both his times on Dancing with the Stars) but how was it?

I don't really regret missing the last two months. I do need to watch Ciara and Ben's set up though. But I still raise my eyebrows when they try and redeem a killer or rapist on a soap.

Archived