Days: August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could use a very long break from seeing Victor's house and the DiMera mansion set. A VERY long break.

And to be fair, you can always catch an actor making a ridiculous face. The idea that Freddie or Chandler is any better or worse than most of the cast doesn't wash with me. They're fine. Stop worrying about weight gain or a bulge of the eyes, seems silly to focus on that, IMO. Freddie clearly has a problem and as someone who's weight can fluctuate, maybe stop judging .... you don't know what someone's going through. Sorry if you don't like seeing a man of average weight on a soap. Not everyone's going to have Rob Wilson's abs, and that's OK.

Again, what we all find attractive is SUBJECTIVE.

We really, as a whole, are such a judgemental and shallow society. This is speaking to more than who's on here, but if we spent just a little more time worried about ourselves .... who cares what someone looks like as long as they're happy and healthy? We live in a world where we are taught it's "us against them" and that's so wrong. But I don't want to get political. I just think if we thought even a little bit about our first reactions .... sorry for maybe making this more than it really is

Please register in order to view this content

lol.

I'm the first to call out someone for weight gain or when they truly look unhealthy.

People also bloat. Certain foods make me blimp. It's life. Don't like it? Don't watch. I'm not currently watching and I honestly, and sadly, don't really miss it.

I do agree that it speaks to a certain level of hypocrisy when a man in the industry can gain weight but if it were a woman .... either way why do we have to call anyone out and shame them? This is more towards the twitter person who decided to have fun at Freddie's expense. To me it says more about them than the person they're trying to "call out".

• Members

Yes, we can always catch an actor making a ridiculous face. My latest comment about the awful faces CM and FS made? Justified, because thefaces they made were more bizarre and outlandish than usual. When I see clownish acting, I’ll comment on it.

Yes, what’s attractive is subjective. Yes, it’s shallow to comment on looks and appearance. But no, I won’t quit watching because Freddie is overweight.

The fact is that the appearance of tv and movie stars matters — whether that’s fair or not. People have commented on weight FOREVER, and that’s not going to change. The stars know it. When they put themselves out there, they have to be prepared for opinions good and bad.

Women have faced weight barbs for decades, so Freddie shouldn’t expect to be given a pass. He’s in a storyline with 2 hot gay characters. A chubby Sonny doesn’t work in that story. 

I’m kinder to people in my real life. I don’t comment on looks, appearance, or weight. TV and movie stars don’t get the same pass. I don’t go out of my way to be negative, but I mention it when I think it interferes with story. Hefty Sonny interferes with story.

If someone thinks my “attacks” say more about me than the person I call out, fine. Just as Freddie Smith isn’t defined by his expanding waistline, I’m not defined by my Freddie barbs. 

I appreciate the kumbaya message, but no one on this board knows me, and I don’t need lectures in how to treat others. Don’t like my posts? Scroll on by.

• Members

People shpuld not be attacked because of their weight regardless of gender. So the thought that since actresses get called out, Freddie should too is CRAP. We shoould be telling people to jusge on acting and nothing else

Not all gay men have a RSW type of Body. A great number are average to Chubby and they have great relationships, friendships and sex lives. Being gay doesnt give you a pass to be catty

Nothing on the show says that the reason Will & Paul were with Sonny was just apperance based. Both characters have never been shown to be that shallow.

• Members

I admit that I've only followed DAYS through SOD for about a decade.  But, I tuned in last week just to see what it all looks like.

I'm confused as to the latest age/order of Stefano Dimera's kids/wards.  Correct me if I am wrong:

Tony/Andre

Renee

Megan

Lexie

Peter

Kristen

Benjy

EJ

Stefan

Chad

?

• Members

You do you baby.

I had a longer post but I'm not having a good morning. One of my cats is missing and didn't come home last night so I'm not in the best frame of mind.

It wasn't all geared towards you, sorry I wasn't clear, but some of it absolutely applies. And no, I won't just scroll by. You wanted to play mean girl and I called you out.

And I was one calling out Michael E. Knight years ago for how he looked on AMC. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't, but Freddie clearly has an issue and you don't know the man. We just think because we're on the internet that we can say and do whatever we want. How about treating everyone like you would in real life? But you do you, if you like being mean, go for it. Knight was sweating, bloated and didn't look healthy. I don't think the same of Freddie Smith. He has some weight gain? Tough. It's life. Not everyone's got a six pack. More people in life look like Freddie than Robert Scott Wilson.

But going forward, I won't engage you and I will scroll on by. I don't block anyone but trolls and you aren't one, but it borders on it.

• Members

Yep. Or they hate Sonny as a character and take it out on the actor and his appearance. Sure I think he's gotten lazy since he came back a few years ago ... and yes his weight has fluctuated but he's clearly had a history of having a hard time with this.

Whatever point was supposedly trying to be made that because women get called out men should too (AND I AGREE BUT WHY CALL *ANYONE* OUT? Not towards you Cassadine, but would anyone like their co-workers or just random strangers taking your picture and posting how fat you are and how awful you look? No. You wouldn't) was lost in the twitter poster's rant about Freddie (sounds like deeper issues towards him besides weight gain). When I see some BS, I will call it out.

• Members

Sorry to jump into this, but although I agree with your assessment of real life versus reel life, soaps and television would sooner focus on the pretty ones than the average ones. 

Beyonce and Sarah Huckabee Sanders are both 36 years old (scary, huh?). So although more American woman look like frumpy, plump, dowdy lumps like Huckabee, a soap opera is more apt to hire a Beyonce for aesthetic purposes (plus, she's light-skinned so she's "safe," not to digress into a different subject...) 

In terms of "the gays," it's also a fantasy world here. [Warning, here comes a shallow assessment of Gays Of Our Lives]: In real life, the catch would be Paul. He's got the looks, the body, and probably saved a good amount of money from his baseball days. All the bottom boys would be bent over and ready for Mr. Narita to pitch.  For Sonny, he's from a rich family and has a high-ranking job. He's let his looks go but as long as the credit card charges goes through, the fellas will gladly be a kept lady. Meanwhile, Will Horton is good for a roll in the hay, but long-term is the least desirable. No money, fuzzy brain, and dresses like a lesbian from 1994 who lost her hair brush. 

Archived