Y&R August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought that the scenes yesterday were good. I thought that the best speeches at Hilary's memorial were Devon and Jack's. Hilary's note giving advice to her loved ones was a nice touch and comforting to them. I liked that Jack was happy (in addition to being surprised) when he saw that HiIary had left advice for him in the letter. The exchange between Nate and Devon was good. I liked how Neil was there to try and keep the peace between them. That's his job as the family Patriarch and I am looking forward to seeing how he will try and keep the family from falling completely apart.

Also, I thought that Mariah was inappropriate in trying to press Mark about his relationship with Hilary. Hilary's memorial service with Devon right there, was the not the time or place for Mariah to be trying to see if Mark had some sort of romance with HiIary. And good looking Mark confirmed what some fans suspected that he had just tried to offer Hilary a job.

I don't like the way that Shauna revealed the truth, but now that it's out, things are going to get really interesting. 

• Members

+1.

Also speaks a lot to how many people wanted to tune in because they knew that this was their last chance to see this particular actress and this particular pairing on the show.

I do think that many #Hevon fans likely pressured Mal to give Hilary her due in her exit storyline.  I think he was made to feel the weight of their expectations and knew he had to deliver if he had any hopes of retaining viewers (although, he likely won't) after MiM's departure.  Over the weekend, I read quite a few tweets from viewers claiming they intended tune out after Hilary was gone.  It's unclear to me how many truly mean it though.  I'd guess that some do.

• Members

It must kill the racist and sexiest PTB at this show that Hilary was generally popular despite terrible writing and her race/gender, while they're STILL trying hard to make Cane relevant almost 12 years after his unfortunate debut. 

I've said it before, but this show didn't appreciate how lucky they were to have found someone like Mishael Morgan. I hope she goes on to do some amazing things. 

• Members

I FF’d everything but Winters drama, and probably will continue to do that moving forward. Loved Neil calling out Cane, and I only wish he’d gone in harder.

For some reason, Nate really irritated me today. 

Shut up, Phyllis. I almost wanted Lily to clap back with a dig about her role in Dru’s death.

Great acting from Bryton and Christel. Devon really toppled St. Lily. 

• Members

Totally. Those two characters have a complicated history, especially considering Lily spent years dating Phyllis’s son.

Somehow we get 30 references a week to John Abbott, yet we can’t get a single Dru mention even when it’s germane to the story. 

Archived