Days: Returns Confirmed

• Members

SOD and Jason 47 Confirm

MATTHEW ASHFORD RETURN NOW ALSO CONFIRMED BY SOAP OPERA DIGEST...

The new issue of Soap Opera Digest confirms the news that broke earlier this year, that Matthew Ashford will be returning as Jack Deveraux.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

CHRISHELL HARTLEY TO REPRISE ROLE AS JORDAN RIDGEWAY, BEN'S SISTER...

The new issue of Soap Opera Digest confirms that Chrishell Hartley will be reprising her role as Jordan Ridgeway, Ben's sister.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, personally I think the show could use some more women in Jordan's age range. I know she was boring as sin but this is no shock with Ron at the helm, and with Ben around, it's ridiculous Jordan is MIA.

I know many are over Jack and his returns and I am too but I'll forever love him and will always be willing to forget how stupid it is that Jack keeps coming back alive.

I keep patiently waiting for my permanent Carrie return ... or a Mike Horton recast and return ... let's do something a little different. We wasted like 10 years on Daniel Jonas when we should have been watching Mike Horton (or have them as rivals - which would have ultimately been horrible because of the propping in the writing that Daniel received on a regular basis and they couldn't even use Lucas as angst. He had every right to despise Daniel and they'd only trot him out when they needed some conflict here and there)

Ron Carlivati

I knew when he and Chrishell seemed to follow each other and like each other it was only a matter of time. I think they could have done so much more with her so I'm curious what Ron does. But I'd have certainly preferred many others before her. I haven't read any details about it yet, is this short-term, like many other returns have been, or is she "back back"?

But, to be fair, Jordan being MIA when Ben killed people and then now is head-scratching. I don't like when characters who should be involved (even through mentions on-screen as said character is off-screen) aren't so for that I get her return. Many elsewhere have been asking for it simply because of Ben being back. But there's so many others I'd have preferred.

• Members

I agree. I wasn't really a big fan of Jordan but I think she had potential but the writers got lost on what to do with her after her initial arrival and secret. Once Jordan broke up with Rafe after he slept with Kate the character kinda fizzled. 

Plus considering their backstory, how Jordan took Ben who was just a child and ran from Clyde, her absence was felt after Ben went psycho. I'm looking forward to seeing how their dynamic will be now.

• Members

I'm dead. LOL

A lot of these are visits. But I agree, it's like an onslaught. It's like Ron finally read up on DAYS and is now employing his bring everyone and the kitchen sink back. Not totally complaining but it makes for a messy show with all the comings and goings, IMO, even though some pop ins have been decent and somewhat useful to the story (as poor as said story may have been ...). I liked when Lips popped up earlier this year. Billie interacted with everyone she needed to and had a bit of something to do on the side. (Though now that I think about it, were we robbed of Billie/Hope? But of course Carrie didn't interact with Marlena or John either. But they were short visits that worked. I don't really mind those). It's the returns like Theresa and Sami's that dominate the show and everything else sits on the backburner and then voila, they're gone. I mean, I get it, using them alot, but ugh. And I get the girls need a visit to the atm, but lawd ... Sweeney never should have left in the first place. (Though I'm more than fine keeping her to visits! I was so sick of Sami after the 2009/2010 baby switch. I abhorred her relationships with EJ and Rafe. And when she finally started acting like Sami again around the EJabby affair, she left.)

Yeah, they wasted her at first, then started to work, and then it fizzled. It was disappointing. It was another string in a long line of actors that have had the same thing happen. Tyler Christopher is now in the same position (Sarah Brown, Ian Buchanan, Vincent Irizarry ...). We'll see if Kate Mansi can liven things back up.

I'm oddly looking forward to seeing her return and interact with Ben too. I know many feel she's pointless but she doesn't have to be.

Is this short-term or long-term? I apologize but I haven't read much up on it yet.

Archived