I don't know her - Characters who've rarely met

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Val and Greg -- Knots Landing. They finally got a storyline together in season 13 when Val was going to write a book about Greg, but JVA already had one foot out the door.

They may have never actually had a one-on-one scene together in the 8 years they were both of the show prior to that. How crazy is that?

• Members

This sounds very plausible.  I remember a lot of Jax/Brenda trying to thwart J&R for all the right reasons.  It just came off more hypocritical and sanctimonious even though it was supposed to be more don't make the mistakes I did.  Anyway, Carly and Brenda could of had a lot more conflict or ruled the world together outside of shared men.  The rich, spoiled, beautiful princess up against the smart, scrappy upstart that got everything basically Brenda wanted.....  Anyhow what I don't get is if Carly HATES Brenda so much why was she so thirsty for her sloppy seconds that both had very strong deep love for her?  I get Sonny because that was sorta random hookup leading to years of torture.  But Jax?  Girl please.  Brenda calls and Jax comes a runnin'...

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I found a new one: Jenny and Nina on All My Children.  Greg and Enid lived near Courtland Manor, but Jenny was in New York while Nina was boffing Steve Jacobi, so they never had a significant scene together.  AMC in the 80's maintained a strict class system and it was exemplified by the fact that rich and poor characters rarely interacted; unless they fell in love.  Of course, later on, every street urchin, makeup artist, and small-town layabout had entry to the Merrick mansion.

• Members

Two major female characters on Another World that rarely crossed paths were Felicia and Vicky.  The only time I remember Felicia and Vicky being in scenes together were when Anne Heche's Vicky stole Jamie Frame away from Felicia's niece, Lisa Grady.  I don't recall Jensen Buchanan's Vicky ever having any screen time with Felicia.

• Members

They interacted a total of 4 times (5 if you count them walking past each other at the hospital.) There was there first time in 1997 at the police station, then in 1998 when Carly was helping Jason up his wardrobe game and told Brenda to go find a nice fashionable straight-jacket in her size. Then they interacted at the docks party with their catty compliments (Nice dress, nice jewelry, feel sorry for yourself Brenda.) Their last interaction was during Tony’s trial when Brenda wandered over to their table at a restaurant to tell Jason to leave Robin alone and Carly asked if she was her nanny. Lord my teenage Carly (SB) obsession is really showing. I just always found it so strange how they always kept Carly and Brenda out of each other’s orbit. I think if VM had stuck around they were gearing up to make them really go at it.

• Members

Thanks!  I knew they hardly ever interacted.  It is strange now given how many characters and relationships they have in common.  Honestly though if VM had stayed I think they probably never would have paired Sonny and Carly.  I think it would have been some variation of Jax/Brenda/Sonny til the end of time and Carly probably would have been in the AJ/Jason orbit.  Don't worry about your obsession.  I literally know exactly what 4 scenes you are talking about.  My Brenda obsession back then was real.. I did always think Brenda was kind of mean to Carly back in the day for no real reason.  Jason/Robin weren't really any of her business.  In theory in VM stayed they could have made them rivals.  Gh lost all the women in that age group in 1998-1999 and replaced them with duds (Chloe, Hannah).  That was a weird time for GH.  After KMc departed there were literally no popular mid 20's female characters besides Carly on GH for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived