All Four Soaps Threaten Daytime Emmy Boycott

Faulkner

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The fact that the actors can put themselves in whatever category they fancy regardless of their actual place within the series is enough to make one roll their eyes all the way back in their heads, nevermind some of the laughable winners of recent years.

Personally, I don't blame them for calling bullsh!t. It's about time someone demanded accountability.

• Members

They are finally complaining now? They should've complained when some of the worst actors won back in the day. It's kind of late now considering it's not even on TV anymore and no one really cares.....

• Members

Can't believe these trash shows believe they have grievances.

But I would like to see at least one change.  EPs don't get to pick which eppies they submit.  That should be the Academy's job to issue random dates and perhaps EPs will produce less trash if they want awards.  

• Members

I understand their concerns, but at this point, it's for categories where there's only four shows to choose from. Personally, I think they should do away with Younger Leading Actor & Actress categories. The whole reason they were created is because the talent pool used to be so large, with seasoned vets going up against younger newbies. These days, no one's going to choose a True O'Brien over a Laura Wright to be in Lead Actress. 

• Members

I mean no disrespect, as I love(d) soaps (back when they had good writing, etc.), but with only four left and not even televised, do you really think NATAS gives a damn if they boycott or not? Not saying they shouldn't at all, just that I don't think NATAS would see it as a big deal. Maybe if there were still 10 to 12 on the air, but 4...well, I'm not so sure how successful this will be.

Archived