Uncomfortable/Awkward Soap Scenes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a scene on AMC with Susan Lucci and Alicia Minshew. Erica was supposed to be sick in bed, and she and Kendall were having this emotional argument. Except things went waaaay off the rails, and Lucci kept covering her eyes with her tiny hands to conceal that she was struggling to produce tears. At one point it looked like she was laughing.

It was one of the most astonishing things I’d ever seen, and I wish I could find it.

• Members

Passions.

But, more specifically, there was a scene on AMC where Simone slaps Amanda, but Terri Ivens does a back and forth slap, the sound guy caught it and made it match, but Chrishelle Stause only reacts to one slap. That's always stuck out for me.

• Members

GL..Reva comforting her clone as it...and the storyline, and the show..dies. Terrible acting and make up.

Buzz crying over his kids body and Deas snot flying..

Reva begging Troll Buzz to have sex with her...

• Members

Y&R: Neil was wearing nothing but a skimpy towel doing some sort of back and forth motion attempting to make love to Sofia. I think Sofia was covered in a sheet to hide her plus sized figure. It was just a bizarre and uncomfortable scene to watch.

• Members

Oh good god that was horrendous! 

ATWT: Jennifer Landon having to wear fake buck teeth as "Cleo"

B&B:  Honey bear! Also Eric getting an outdoor shower. 

GL: Mariah's striptease for Tony; Buzz having sex with anyone. And this later on in the show:

Please register in order to view this content

Days: Marlena falling off from her penthouse and landing on top of Sami; The Horton Christmas tree toppling over at Christmas 2004 from Bonnie's huge ornament. Also Julie and Richard Voights' Mickey shitting themselves after eating Bonnie's spicy chili.

Not to mention Days' Island temptation story from the summer of 2001, especially during the "MerMimi" nightmare sequence: 

Passions: Anything Kathleen Noone and Amelia Marshall were given to do. I felt sorry that two well respected soap vets had to play through some very questionable material(ie Noone's character peeing on a wedding dress, Marshall's character being a one note basic bitch and then ate a bug! etc.)

Y&R: Victor and Sabrina, Victor and Alicia Coppola's doctor character. Also the following pictures: 

• Members

@soapfan770 you just wanted a reason to post those again didn't you 

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you for not including the chipmunk head.

Anyway, mine is ATWT, when they had Craig and Dani together, making it clear they were lovers, and had her calling him "Daddy." It made me sick to my stomach. It was just vile.

• Members

You're welcome Carl!  As awful as Y&R is these days, nothing beats the three years Y&R spent in the ninth circle in hell from 2009-2012. 

If I recall right the demonic Sharon pic came from some Daytime Confidential blurb about Sharon's sanity in the fall of '09. 

I thought about mentioning that about Craig and Dani along with trying to pair up Holden and Carly. Just wrong on all levels. 

• Members

One that always bothered me (especially when I learned about the alleged history between Rauch and Maeve) was on GL in the late '90s when they would repeatedly belittle Vanessa for her age and appearance - not just from Dinah, but also from Beth, with Vanessa considering plastic surgery, etc. It felt humiliating to me, and I wasn't surprised that Maeve left in those years. It tells you just what an awful time soap actresses have, when she, a classically beautifully woman who aged phenomenally well, was still subjected to these attacks, on national television no less.

Archived