Start TV Network

DramatistDreamer

• Members

Hallmark has indeed become embarrassing. But they must have like thousands of movies at this point (and I guess it works for them; I know they have their place and many love them and watch them like many loved and watch Lifetime movies all day; me, I'd take Sinner At The Door (maybe a real name of a movie but I just made it up) anyday. I miss the days of watching Lifetime movies all weekend and being enthralled as a kid. Sigh. Such easier times.

Their movie networks oddly become homes to dramas or other shows and movies are played all day on the regular network (besides Home and Family of course and besides the late night comedies that haven't been touched for what feels like decades at this point)

I like Decades. They're what I wanted TV Land to be, to some degree. I like the history they give during commercials. It's a good network. They have a solid lineup of shows. Petticoat Junction, I Love Lucy, Donna Reed, Family Affair, Mary, Bob, Bob again ... Ed Sullivan, Dick Cavett.

GETtv has even gotten into some rare stuff pulling out Sonny and Cher, Judy Garland ...

I don't really watch H&I. I often forget it even exists. But it's a 90s haven. NYPD Blue, Early Edition, JAG, Hercules, Xena ...

I don't have as much time either for TV anymore. I can't keep up with all the networks. But I'm thrilled there's so many homes for classic TV. In the 2000s it was basically just TV Land. Now nostalgia is in and companies are realizing they can make money off of these old properties.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Decades went almost positively modern (relatively speaking) with its marathons in the last couple weeks, though. A weekend or two ago was Wiseguy with Ken Wahl. And this past weekend was a Hunter marathon of Seasons 5 and 6.

• Members

That's true. I often forget about their weekend binge marathons. They've had some rare/good stuff but IDK what they're thinking. It was cool to see Barnaby Jones a few months ago. They recently had Bridget Loves Bernie and Square Pegs.

• Members

I would LOVE it if they had another Barnaby Jones or Bridget Loves Bernie weekend. I can take or leave Square Pegs, but I'd definitely watch some (did they split the weekend with another show?).

So far, we've had Hunter and The Lucy Show. It's been black/white Lucys, so I've watched a good bit here and there this weekend and will probably go to bed with it tonight. I wish they didn't try to keep it a surprise and would just release a list of the month's binges. I need to know what I'm flaking out on friends for. TVGuide doesn't have Decades loaded onto my local grid yet, but I've found their future listings on other sites, and it looks like next weekend is 21 Jump Street (I'll watch some) and the following weekend is Tarzan, which I'll probably lock myself up for. I've been wanting to watch Ron Ely's Tarzan for yeeeeears.

• Members

And the weekend before Hunter was Wiseguy. I watched an episode or two, but the episodes I saw did not deal with the arc with Kevin Spacey's Mel Profitt, which was arguably the best arc of the series. Makes me wonder if Decades showed any of that or skipped it - for obvious reasons.

Archived