Y&R: August Spoilers

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anytime she's in Devon's orbit, I always feel like she takes POV from him. His story is told through her. Who needed Mariah to be the one to question that guy? She asked the questions while Devon stood behind her quiet. Same exact dynamic when they were dating. Connection with her does nothing for him. Untether her from him, PLEASE! You don't see her talking for summer or Kyle even when she's sharing scenes with them! 

• Members

The Devon/Mariah mess was one of the many failures of Sussman/Young’s shared tenure. They have no chemistry whatsoever. Not sure why they want to keep them involved, especially after the somewhat successful chem test with Kyle.

I may be the only person who felt it, but I liked Bryton with AH. I’m almost certain they’d never go there.

• Members

I think they should put Mariah with Kyle. I really like their chemistry and I think they could do a nice romantic slowburn with them.

Also, a few weeks ago, it was reported that Ameila Heinle told SOD that she wouldn't mind seeing Victoria have a romance with Devon. They actually asked her who she would like to see Victoria have a fling with and she said Devon., But the way she praised Bryton/Devon made it seem like she wouldn't mind a good genuine romance with them. She called him a good guy, etc... 

I don't know if they would go there, but it sounded like she would welcome it. I saw some people on another site say that she's good friends with Bryton and has wanted to be paired with him for a while. (Though, I'm not sure how true that is.)

• Members

Devon is  and has been in a bubble for years.  He's on acquaintance level with nearly everyone on the show other than his family, Mariah and (when Mal's addled brain recalls, Abby), Abby should have been at the funeral.  Also, they didn't even have Noah contact him, or his little sister Ana. We won't even mention Tucker (although with Ash leaving.....)

That said, with Lily and Devon on the outs, the only friend he currently has is Mariah. He's going to interact with her as long as that godawful TV show lasts. The last thing I want to see is Devon and Mariah's chemistry-free coupling. Unfortunately, the writers (and yes, I use that term extremely loosely) have written Devon into a corner. I would rather see Devon in an off the rails story where he turns to drugs to feel alive after his loss than raising Shauna (who has parents...neglectful or not.)

Devon with old Yeller (Victoria) shouldn't ever ever EVER be considered for coupling. He and Ordway have a nice chemistry. I have always said between her "spark" and his character's steadiness they would make a good, well-balanced coupling.

I loved Mishael and truly felt the loss of Hllary (along with two boxes of tissues). I hope their casting call brings us a dynamic new character, but, like most of you. it will probably be another three-month and then nada character...we'll see.  Glad they finally decided to bring back Nate, but I don't really care much for the actor. Maybe he'll grow on me, I liked that he held his own with Victor.

Don't care about "Dark Horse", don't care what happens to Billy and Bummer. Phyllis needs to pick a story and not be in everyone's business.  

Wondering why Dina has been up in her room and not on-screen. Hoping Traci pops in soon...

Please register in order to view this content

Missing this "force of nature already"

• Members

Better yet...

Devon could use Shauna to drive a wedge between Cane and Lily.  Devon resents that his family is gone, so why not do everything in his power to take Lily's family away her, too?

Shauna (and Devon) could frame Cane for assault, making it seem as if he went ballistic, because Shauna refused to change her story about Lily running that red light.  And even though Cane INSISTS he is innocent, the evidence that is stacking up against him is too great to ignore.

At the same time, Shauna, with Devon's encouragement, could step up her relationship with Charlie, thereby undermining the bonds between Charlie and his mother and sister, who don't trust the young girl, but who can't seem to shake Charlie's confidence in her.

• Members

Here is the promo for next week. I think it looks interesting.

The scenes between Devon, Nate and Cane look good. It looks like Nate has to get tough with Cane when he tries and attack Devon. Also the scenes with Lily look interesting. According to soaps.com she decides to turn herself in on Monday's episode. And I had figured Jack would do something like kiss Phyllis. She's got three men in her orbit now.

Archived