Y&R: August Spoilers

• Members

I got the feeling that my negative posts on the DV storyline rubbed a few the wrong way but I never believed that storyline was going to amount to anything.  It was a gimmick from the start.

Mal promoted the DV story as being deeper than it was ever going to be because he wanted the ratings and the investment from the viewers. 

He also wanted to justify wasting a perfectly viable character on a copy of a story from somewhere else, and not even a good copy. 

Mal talked a good game for awhile though. He almost convinced me that he might pull it off.

Even if he resumes (or tries) the DV, he's already lost loads of momentum.  And people better not blame the sudden departure of MiM for the delay either.  The great headwriters of the past were able to juggle multiple stories on the same canvas.   

MY ran out of ideas on the DV story, clearly.  Now he has to make some sh*t up or try to make people forget and move on.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if this Phyllis is just being used to showcase the voice of one of  Hilary's friends. Like they wanted to show someone who was Hilary's frined expressing disdain for what happened to her. But Phyllis is keeping some pretty big secrets herself and comes across looking hypocritical. If they wanted to focus some on the reaction on one of Hilary's friends, I think it would have been better to use Jack.

Jack could have expressed sadness and shock at the revelation, but still be willing to lend a sympathetic ear to Neil and/or Devon. And still wish the best for their family. I think that would have come across better than what Phyllis is going to do. Also, there is an upcoming spoiler that says Ashley will be comforting Neil. So maybe she will be the one that will take that approach.

• Members

I saw a few saying, "Now that Hilary's gone, Mariah can be Devon's love for real. She can win." Spare me! But I don't put it past tptb to do that. It's the last thing I want to see for Devon. 

Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Mal writes in spurts. Expect the DV story to come back once he's exhausted himself on Winters. 

Or Mal could have just focused on Devon's reaction. It's more than enough. GT's manly Phyllis wasn't needed in those scenes at all. Devon and Shauna were more than enough. Mal just likes GT/Phyllis so he uses her even when unnecessary. He's probably also playing to Twitter stans. Hilary fans and Phyllis fans both seem to love the friendship. 

• Members

Really off-topic: I know the plural of “Winters” is “Winterses,” but it feels so weird to write or say that.

I agree that this is the best showcase the Winters family (!) has gotten since the Lily paternity reveal or the early days of Devon’s illness. Maybe ever. But the question is whether MY can sustain it or build upon it. History tells us no at the moment.

• Members

Nope, because I just read an article from the magazines for next week. It seems Mal will do what most writers have done for years before Hilary came. Take good intra-family Winters conflict and turn it into a story about Cane fighting for lily. I miss Hilary already. At least when she was here, the focus wasn't on Cane all the time. Lily can't buy a story paired with this guy. He leads every one. Why can't this be about lily and Devon???!!! Why must he be running around trying to save her??!!!  

Aside, I was wrong. I thought it'd center Nate but he's been largely background noise. It's Cane AGAIN. 

• Members

Here are some spoilers for next week from SID:

Summer is going to step up in her efforts to seduce Billy. Victor is going to turn to Nate when he finds himself in a tough situation, Lauren is going to be caught off guard by Jack, Victor will call a truce with an enemy, Billy will reveal some more details about his secret project Jack is going to make a bold move, which Summer thinks she will really benefit from. 

I wonder what the Nate and Victor spoilers is about. I also wonder if Jack will make a romantic gesture towards Phyllis and Summer will be happy about that because she thinks that makes it easier for her to go get Billy. I could see Jack and Phyllis becoming really close again and that being added to the drama with her storylines with Billy and Nick.

• Members

Here are some more spoilers from tomorrow's episode recap from soaps.com (reworded):

Devon is going to talk with Shauna and tell her that they need each other more than ever.  Charlie is going to show up angry with Shauna and Shauna will tell him that he let his mother think that they slept together. Lily is going to show up to Hamilton-Winters wanting to talk with Devon. Neil will tell her to give Devon his space but she will insist with speaking with him. Devon will show up along with Mariah.  Devon will be surprised that Lily showed up to work and Mariah will pull him away and they will go to Crimson Lights and talk. Mariah will tell him that Lily will be living with guilt for the rest of her life. 

Devon will return to work. Neil will want to sell GC Buzz, but Devon does not want that to happen and wants Mariah to continue to host it. Lily will try and talk with him again. He will confront her on the things she said to Hilary in the car about being a terrible mother.. Lily will bring up she almost died too and Devon will say that there would have been more justice if she had died instead of HIlary. Devon will want Lily to turn herself into the police and if she doesn't he will and Shauna will back him up.

• Members

Here are some more upcoming spoilers from SOD for the next couple of weeks:

Lily will end up wanting to turn herself into the police. Cane will try and stop her from doing this. If she doesn't do this, the truck driver will be blamed and go to jail. Cane is okay with this happening to the truck driver. Devon will refuse to talk with Cane. Devon says he will go to the hearing and request that Lily spend 20 years in jail. Hilary's death will continue to tear Lily/Devon apart.

Also, Summer and BIlly are going to kiss, Jack is going to tell Phyllis he will always be there for her and Jordi Villauso will show up on 8/17 as Rey. Rey will show up in Genoa City to collect a debt.

• Members

I think that he will be mad at Lily for a while. I do think though that he might not go through with requesting she get 20 years in prison. I think that ultimately he may not be able to do that due to his love for Charlie/Mattie (and possibly Neil.) I think he may not be able to bring himself to take their mother away from them for that long.

I think he may change his mind about doing that, but will cut ties with Lily and oust her from Hamilton-Winters and not want anything else to do with her. 

Archived