Y&R: August Spoilers

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder how long she will end up staying around and what else they might end up doing with her. I've  seen some people say on places like soaps.com that her living with Devon is now inappropriate. Some of them think that something romantic might end up happening between her and Devon.

I don't think that's going to happen, but I do think that Devon may not be equipped to finish raising her, right now. I think he may not end up being much of a parental figure to her largely because he's grieving. And IMO a 30 year old shouldn't have to raise a 16/17 year old, if it can be helped. And Shauna does have parents, who should be looking after her, but they don't seem to care about her. 

She's troubled (and also acts disrespectful) Somebody needs to act like a real parental figure towards her. Especially if she's going to stay around for a while.

• Members

Shauna's parents will show up to cause more trouble and to give winters story. She's got aunts and a mother and winters family has 3 SINGLE adult males. The stories Shauna can bring are endless. Too bad Mal doesn't have creativity to write any of it.  

• Members

I may have to watch today.  We'll see. 

So they could have had her leave town instead of killing her off.  Grrrrrr.

+1

The fact she already has a more developed backstory than Hilary still rubs the wrong way, but you're right...there are tons of story possibilities here.  

• Members

I wonder if the new AA female is related to her. Mal supposedly had a long term front burner story written for Hilary.  I'm fairly certain he's not gonna scrap it altogether. He will do what most writers do and give it to someone else on canvas. What are the odds that this new AA female won't get it with some  tweaks? I was thinking lily would get it until I saw that casting. 

• Members

Here are more spoilers from tomorrow's episode from soaps.com day ahead recap. (reworded)

Things are going to get really heated at the penthouse after the truth is revealed about Lily and the red light. Cane is going to accuse Shauna of making things up, Charlie will intervene and say that Shauna is telling the truth. Devon is going to demand to know why Charlie/Shauna didn't say anything sooner about Lily running the light. Cane will admit it was because of him. Devon will be angry and ask how could Cane do that to Shauna and Charlie.  Phyllis will be angry and feel that Lily/Cane kept the truth from Hilary and never cared about her. Neil will try and calm everyone down. Devon will want to be alone with Lily. Devon will be angry with her and blame her for losing his family.

He will tell her he believes she was relieved at what happened to Hilary. Lily will ask him not to let this situation tear their family apart. He will tell her to go back to her family, because of her he doesn't have one. Shauna and Mattie will feel that Devon should have been told the truth earlier. Nate will say he believes that one day that Devon can forgive Lily. Charlie will be angry with Shauna for how the truth was revealed, but Neil will say it's Cane's fault that the secret was kept. 

• Members

Yeah, the Winters family is going to be really fractured. I want to see how everything ends up playing out. So far it sounds like Neil is trying to play peacemaker, and I could see Nate trying to do that as well. Devon/Shauna will be against Cane/Lily. I wonder where Charlie will end up falling. On Tomorrow's episode he will be irate with Shauna. I can understand him wanting to be protective of his mother, even though she ran the light. I wonder if Shauna will try and make Lily pay somehow (beyond blurting out the truth) and how that may affect Charlie. Shauna could end up really (and purposely) hurting Charlie's family. 

Cane is also going to say tomorrow that he is concerned that  Lily will face legal complications. I wonder if that will actually happen in some way. 

And Phyllis is also going to tell Jack tomorrow that Cane and Lily make her sick. I can understand her being angry about Hilary, though Phyllis is also guilty of covering up things (like helping bury JT's body.)

• Members

Mal loves GT/Phyllis. She will stay centered in Winters drama. I guess it's just as well since Devon has been so neglected that he doesn't have any one to talk to besides his family. And no, I don't count Mariah. They threw that friendship together without ever cultivating it to center her in hevon's story and I will never forgive it. Keep her away from Devon!!!! 

• Members

Isn’t Phyllis technically involved in all three family splits right now? 

Mal seems to have abandoned Amelia Heinle for the time being, after she dominated the show for the better part of a decade. She definitely needed to be rested, but it’s disappointing that we saw no follow-up to the DV story. 

• Members

I was wasting time, lurking on another messageboard over the weekend and already heard murmurings from a few soap fans suggesting that TPTB throw Mariah and Devon back together.  Eek!

Most soap fans should never be allowed to get near a Writer's Room with these foul ideas they have...keep them away from the scripts!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Shauna could have been positioned to take Hillary's place as the pot stirrer, ambitious, antagonizer of Genoa City. I seriously don't think the actress can handle it and Mal per usual didn't plan accordingly. It would've been interesting to have seen her and Devon develop a father-daughter-like relationship, while she wreaks havoc in the Ashby household. 

Now we have a casting call for African American woman, career driven, etc. etc. 

Archived