Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titan1978

Best hair on soaps

Recommended Posts

In an era of big, big hair Colleen Zenk stood out with her chic short cut - alook she pretty much kept for decades.

Image result for barbara as the world turnsImage result for barbara as the world turns

Edited by Paul Raven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

In an era of big, big hair Colleen Zenk stood out with her chic short cut - alook she pretty much kept for decades.

Image result for barbara as the world turnsImage result for barbara as the world turns

Did she ever wear it longer after her initial arrival to the show in 1978?

 

I wonder if they kept her bobbed for so long initially to match Kathryn Hays’s similarly short cut. I personally prefer Kim’s big 70s hair, but her bob is iconic. Even when she went grey, she found a signature look. I’d even say it was a better look.

Edited by All My Shadows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maeve Kinkead’s bob as Vanessa was also great. The grey was a bit much, but I suppose it was freeing for her, especially if the show wasn’t using her much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

Did she ever wear it longer after her initial arrival to the show in 1978?

 

I wonder if they kept her bobbed for so long initially to match Kathryn Hays’s similarly short cut. I personally prefer Kim’s big 70s hair, but her bob is iconic. Even when she went grey, she found a signature look. I’d even say it was a better look.

 

Speaking of Kim, I was so horrified when I saw the hair she had in the early/mid-80s (the blonde...whatever that Ellen Burstyn wore in Same Time Next Year). If I had been a viewer back then I would have needed therapy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

Speaking of Kim, I was so horrified when I saw the hair she had in the early/mid-80s (the blonde...whatever that Ellen Burstyn wore in Same Time Next Year). If I had been a viewer back then I would have needed therapy.

Oh yes, just not right for her face at all! And then somehow it was revived during one of the show’s final years and looked just as bad.

 

This will always be her best hairstyle, IMO

 

8105EF76-AB98-476D-BBD9-04F13C5D4344.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

Did she ever wear it longer after her initial arrival to the show in 1978?

 

I don't recall it ever being more than shoulder length

 

https://binged.it/2AgGGd7

 

I think Maura West has great hair. Some questionable hair styles (and there were times it looked like her kids cut her bangs), and at times has been abused by the stylists....but great hair.

 

As much as I loathed B&B's Taylor, Hunter Tylo had a great mane back in the nineties, along with KKL.

Edited by P.J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen anyone top Laura Wright's hair.  She is a walking commercial.  

But Kathryn Hayes (Kim Hughes) had beautiful hair and so did Nancy Addison (Jillian, Ryan's Hope).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Haven't seen anyone top Laura Wright's hair.  She is a walking commercial.  

But Kathryn Hayes (Kim Hughes) had beautiful hair and so did Nancy Addison (Jillian, Ryan's Hope).  

 

Nancy had beautiful hair - I don't think I ever saw her have a bad hair day in all her soap career. 

 

I'd also say Sarah Felder, although hers looked a bit ratty at times. 

 

Randall Edwards too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Any actress on DAYS in the 80s and early 90s had great hair.  Wish they'd rehire whoever did their hair back in those days.

 

To jump off of that, I loved Staci Greason's/Isabella's hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wendy said:

 

To jump off of that, I loved Staci Greason's/Isabella's hair.

 

I think Victoria Konefal the new Ciara on Days has the most beautiful hair.  Ditto for Hunter tylo and Vanessa Marcil in her hair commercial late 90's days...LW has really nice hair and is one of the few on GH who has it styled well except for the noticeable roots sometimes.  I also loved Megan Ward's Kate and her perfect bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Victoria Principal had beautiful hair when Dallas started in 1978. She got a perm in 1979 and it got worse as the series progressed. She went from looking like Jaclyn Smith to looking like Rick James. She was the spokes person for Jhirmack hair care, so I wonder if they were behind some of those awful hairstyles and dye jobs ? Charlene Tilton had great hair too. She and Cheryl Ladd had similar styles. 

 

Kin Shriner had a great late 70's and early 80's mop of hair. As he got older he started to bald. 

 

Genie Francis had great hair. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...