• Members

JM wants to have more importance on canvas. He wants to drive story. Nick being dark just ain't the way though. He's getting his chance to prove he can lead the show after EB. It won't work but at least he's being given the chance. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JM has put 25 years into the show, so ITA he should be given those opportunities. Unfortunately, like PB was supposed to be the Abbott family patriarch after the wonderful JD was axed, it won't work. And the show will have to suffer through it.

I do think it's an extremely difficult transition - going from leading man to family patriarch. For all the grief he gets, EB is one of the few on soaps who has done it. JD was great as a patriarch - even though he was only 49(!) when he was cast - but not so much as a leading man. Same with JMcC - patriarch, yes, romantic lead - laughable and worse now that he looks like Bad Santa.  

• Members

This is nonsense. Josh is exactly as good as John McCook.  I'm kidding. I thought he did well during Cassie's death at least.  I also think that he can be dark Nick right now. What difference does it make when the show is as low as it is these days?

More seriously, Josh, if you are reading this board, please stop. That goes for all actors.  Like I said back when FF came here and bitched at people, no good comes from talent being on these boards.  It may be public, but it's close as you can get to eavesdropping on fans. Don't do it to yourself.

If someone comes for an actor on twitter or Facebook, that's rude AF,  imo. On a board like this, it's just long time fans bitching among ourselves. Not that serious.

• Members

But they had faith he could handle this "Dark Horse" s**t?

Personally, I would have pegged Victoria as being more susceptible to alcohol and/or drug addiction, given how often she was drunk in the past.  And since AH often acts (and looks) as if she's strung out on something, it wouldn't be THAT much of a stretch for her to play an addict either.

And you're not alone.  And I respect everyone who DOES feel the way you do.  But I need more than likability.  I need an actor who can, well, act.  Especially now, when all the soaps are circling the proverbial drain, it's important to have actors who can make the most out of these pathetic storylines.

• Members

I also like JM.  I don't think he should be recast. In fact, as far as I'm concerned that's blasphemy.  When someone has put in 25 years you don't recast on a whim, imo.  He is Nick Newman. I even think he can play jerk Nick Newman.  He's not going to be one of the best soap villains of our day, but I think he can play this story, on this show, at this time. For whatever that is worth.

Hell, a lot of people didn't like Greg Rikaart, but I thought he was one of Y&R's best bad guys when he was allowed to play it.  It was a criminal waste when they decided to redeem him. GR had the right intensity to play bad. Not everyone can do that, but almost everyone can be a jerk.

• Members

I do too. Do I think he's the greatest actor in the field? No. But I don't think any male actor on soaps fits that criteria, despite Michael Fairman's fawning attempts to pretend otherwise on GH. I don't even watch for the male actors anyway --it's a handful of female actors who capture my interest. Nevertheless, I enjoy what JM brings to the show. My problem is with this implausible SL, and should we really be blaming Josh Morrow for that?

Archived