Wigs, Comb Overs, Dye Jobs, Extensions etc...

• Members

I get if the other 3 soaps skimp on the wigs/wardrobe.  But B&B? Sorry, a show about the fashion industry - that is high on style and production, but low on storytelling, has zero excuse. Everyone should look great - especially since every key character on that show is tied to money.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's exactly my issue with the show. I don't understand how the hell these characters are dressed. For some it makes sense, Emma and Xander for example are just interns. Even Sally isn't really rich. Everyone else has no reason to look like crap.

• Members

Stephanie B&B. I was happy for Susan Flannery when she made the decision to go natural.

Anne Heche’s Marley wig on AW. Ugh it was just awful. We get it. We’re not stupid. Marley is the calmer sister. We don’t need a wig to remind us. 

• Members

I have no personal wig experience but to this day I don't get how Catherine Hickland's Jenny Markham wig worked?  Jenny was blonder than Julie but she always wore her hair back so it was hard to tell how the wig was attached?

• Members

John Forsythe's hair on Dynasty always looked fake. It would change the side it was parted on every other episode.

Pamela Sue Martin's (Fallon) hair started to fall out and she had to wear wigs and pieces. 

Maxwell Caufield (Miles Colby) has wore a rug for years.

• Members

The look of the texture of her hair changed sometime in the 1990’s.  It still looks like her hair to my eyes through the Nina storyline and Rex’s death, but by the time her and Jill were fighting over the house it did seem different.

• Members

It wasn’t until Jeanne’s final scene on the show when I determined she was probably wearing wigs from the late 1990s onward. Jeanne had lost so much weight by that point and seemed so tired yet her hair looked the same and dwarfed her somewhat. 

My own grandmother styled herself very closely to Katherine Chancellor: bold clothes, tons of diamond jewelry right down to a diamond cluster ring not dissimilar from Katherine’s and seriously coiffed blond hair...though she denied watching it, despite casually saying “That goddamn Jill has been ruining her life for decades.” once while I had it playing at her penthouse...yes, she lived in a penthouse...pretentious as it sounds and my grandmother was older than Jeanne so I always wonder if Bill Bell met her at some point before he wrote Y&R (they died on the same day a few years apart - spooky timing or what?)

Archived