Wigs, Comb Overs, Dye Jobs, Extensions etc...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joan Collins and Lesley-Anne Down have both been very open about their preference for wigs, sparing them time in the chair and damage to their hair.  Susan Flannery wore wigs for a while on B&B before giving them up and sporting what would become her signature crew cut.

Larry Hagman and Kevin Dobson

I think it's Fallon and Jeff's wedding on The Colbys and the camera goes shot to shot from Jason, Zach, Garrett, Dominique, just a fabulous steady parade of hair pieces.

• Members

In this 1989 clip from Another World, Felicia traded in her trademark hairdo for one with hair extensions as Felicia celebrated her 40th birthday.  The big reveal was done on a Thursday episode, as the Friday episode was the Who Killed Jason Frame episode.  Felicia would keep the long hair throughout the murder trial.

• Members

Ron Raines (Alan, GL) sported a toupee during his entire GL run, from what I understand. It blended in well, so :::shrug::: 

For women, extensions are so common it's hard to pin-point everyone. I just remember thinking it strange around 2002 when "the Last Blast" crew on DAYS graduated highschool and Belle (Kirsten Storms) was sporting a new short 'do, and a couple weeks later, her hair was suddenly passed her shoulders again, and she kept it that way going forward. 

For bad dye jobs, there's quite a number of men 50+ on DAYS in the last decade or so that would fall under this category... 

• Members

Linda infamously got her extensions stuck on a rope during a climbing segment on Attitudes.

Robin Strasser shared on her hotline that her big red Dorian hair circa 1993 return was weave.

• Members

For my untrained eye, the male dye jobs on GH are the worst - every man over 40 has a single process, one color, dark dye job; I expect to see black dye dripping down foreheads every time it gets hot in Port Charles!

BTW the best job at aging has got to be good ol' Jack Abbott, those face creams must be doing something well because he looks great; especially next to Billy or Nick

Archived