GH Actress could be leaving

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait a black couple has never been married on GH? What in Caucasian hell?

Good for her though! I only know her as the best friend on Being Erica but if she can escape the cesspool that is General Hospital and soap operas more power to her.

• Members

For five hot minutes, Labine’s team gave us the Ward family, in a beautifully integrated story.  I think Justus and Keesha could have survived without Mary Mae with good, invested writing.

Justus got a great storyline that had him kill Damian and let Laura go on trial for it, with Edward helping to protect him.  It was an opportunity to show if his ambition (which was present from the beginning) would turn as dark as a Quartermaine.  And not that half-assed stuff they did do, I mean an actual arc.   I even liked the recast they killed off.

• Members

Yeah, I watched during the Ward/Quartermaine era and remember Tom/Simone. And then the Gia/Nikolas story. But Labine seemed to be the only GH writer who seemed committed to integrating the show. I didn’t watch in the ‘80s, but GH struck me as a white show (but so did Rauch’s OLTL, of course).

• Members

Good for her! I'll be brutally honest, I've never thought Vinessa had a lot of range. She's fine and passable but nothing special IMO. But this is a huge win for continued diversity in television so go her!

The new casting call for an African American woman in Jordan's age range makes a lot more sense now, since God forbid GH has more than one African American female on contract at one time. No doubt she is the woman Stella has been calling. I'm guessing she comes to break Jordan and Curtis up. I can't see Vinessa doing "recurring work" as the police commissioner while she's filming her new show in Canada.

Archived