Best Soap Opera Opening

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always think it is cool to see American soaps as they air in foreign countries.

Here is the ‘Faces of the Heart’ to GH when it aired in France.

And the “Autumn Breeze” version in German.

• Members

ITA. So gorgeous in its simplicity just like Y&R with Dvore's sketches, but evocative in its own right with the black background and the portraits which at a momentary loss for words I can only affectionately describe as Olan Mills on crack. I know very little about this show, but like any great headshot, I get a sense of who these people ARE (especially Meg). Is that final pic Bambi? Those gorgeous eyes, that expression on her face...

• Members

Capitol definitely got a funkier theme in Italy, a theme which actually reminds me more of the "real" D.C. beyond the staid political veneer. The disco-tinged thumping theme makes me think of nightlife among the young international transient crowd with their bottle service and wads of mommie and daddie's cash.

Of course if I did a show set in D.C. the theme would be 100% go-go, congos, cowbells and all.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Huh that's so strange. Why would you decide to change an opening tune?

B&B's opening is so iconic. If you look it up on YT there's so many random people in there saying they never watched it but remember the tune because their mother/grandmother/whoever used to watch it.

Edited by Markjeh

• Members

I don't know the reasons for the change, but Italy's not the only country to do so.

In France, they've always used this theme song for the show:

In the early years, they used a completely different opening:

In Germany, they only changed the "The Bold / And / The Beautiful" title cards – and in some instances, the order of the pictures was different.

When the show was first shown here, it was known as "Fashion Affairs".

Later it was re-named to "Reich und Schön".

Edited by Huntress

• Members

Some different versions of the German opening and closing credits for GL ("Springfield Story"):

As the World Turns ("Jung und leidenschaftlich"):

Days of our Lives ("Zeit der Sehnsucht"):

And Santa Barbara ("California Clan"):

Edited by Huntress

• Members

Yeah, I’ve never heard that before but I really like it. A slutty core under a polished veneer... quite DC.

I love the American version but I really love this too. It’s so early 80s new wave. And the French Dallas theme is awful IMO so I’m amazed that this is so good. 

The lyrics sound really dumb in English but they’re melodramatic and fun in French. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Germany's GH opening for the ambulance theme is much more suited to what the show actually was in those years - very action/adventure.

The Springfield Story theme from the early '80s is gorgeous, although it's weird to see such different eras smashed together in the first one. And the second one has the shots of what is supposed to be Springfield that weirded me out as I never think Springfield looked like that. 

• Members

The Italian theme was composed by Roberto Colombo and is called Tutti Beautiful. I know that there is a full 3 minute version but I can't find it anymore.

My top 5 of German soap openings (#1 for nostalgic reasons, #2-#5 had the best visuals and were quite innovative when they debuted in the late 90s/early 00s).