Best Soap Opera Opening

• Members

I love a cheesy ‘80s synth opening, but I can’t get with these Euro versions of soap themes. 😂 

@DRW50 mentioned Jack Armstrong (ex-Kevin, OLTL) parading around in speedos on the cable soap Eden, so I came across the intro. Dare I say I like this?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, the lamented original opening which was deemed "too primetime". This must be an international version with the full cast and names.

Do you guys remember how SuBe took a hiatus and aired reruns trying to capture a larger audience? When they came back, that's when the new opening debuted.

• Members

That Another World theme was great, I love soap themes that have that lush sound. CBS' short lived primetime soap Central Park West had some interesting and sleek themes. The first one had a 900 number commercial vibe while the second was more upscale trendy business style.

• Members

The SuBe theme always seemed so generic to me - it didn't help that this style of soap had already been fading before SuBe came on the air.

The first CPW theme is great and stays in your head. The problem is that it, like the show, doesn't fit CBS at all. The second theme is OK but comes off like one of those songs slapped on for syndication through loss of music rights.

• Members

Ah, yes, the second season theme with the bizarre grammatical choice of "and Raquel Welch and Gerald McRaney as Adam Brock"...did Raquel refuse to agree to a "with Raquel Welch" credit? Just bizarre looking. And what ugly white font choice.

Just out of my own interest - what style of soap do you mean?