Latest SOD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"The ONLY Magazine That Covers ALL The Soaps!"

Well, SOD, I wouldn't crow TOO loudly about that.  After all, there's only four soaps left in daytime; and of those four, half are on the same network.  At this point, you don't even need a full staff to cover the soaps.  All you need is one dude with a DVR and a lot of time on his hands.

...and even THAT dude would do a much better job with whatever the hell you've got going on with your covers, too.

Proof positive that SOD has a lot of pages to fill in each issue, and not enough material to fill them.  (Honestly, SOD, just convert to a damn internet newsletter and be done with it!)

• Members

I wish they'd do more 'in-depth- articles instead of 2 or 3 page fluff pieces on an actor just to splash him or her on the cover.

How about interview someone on the directing team? Ask them how they got into directing and why he or she likes it. Other work they've done before daytime. What their job entails at the soap. What their "vision" or "style" is that they are trying to bring to the show. I would be as interested about some of those behind the scenes as I am those on the screen....and considering who we are talking about on the screen, I may not care about them at all. 

Interview a staff writer.

Interview a prop manager.

Anything other than the same ol' same ol'.

• Members

All those sound like great ideas, Melroser, but I know they'd just rule 'em out as not being "sexy" enough.

I, too, would love more detailed synopses, Paul.  Whenever I read old synopses from the '70's, I like how they delve a little more into the characters' motivations.  Those touches make the synopses feel more intimate and conversational.

• Members

Here are some blind items from this latest issue that I wanted to add to this thread for discussion. Does anyone have any guesses on these?

Here are the Blind Items:

This show is scrambling to change a story because one of the players, who isn't under contract is leaving. 

Though a romantic reunion was in the works for a past couple on one soap opera the show is scrapping those plans.

While fans seems split over this newish pairing, the lady in the couple is hoping the writers will stick with it, she prefers the work ethic of her current leading man to that of his predecessor. 

A well known soaps alum is quietly  seeking opportunities at another. 

There was also a blind items from an issue from a couple of week that said that the vets from a soap were upset about the airtime the newbies were being given. And the vets thought that this would reflect badly in the summer ratings for the soap. 

Archived