Corazon Que Miente

Soapsuds

• Members

@KMan101 @DramatistDreamer @victoria foxton @dc11786  I thought you'd be interested in this spanish soap opera. It's been on for about 3 weeks now and I was truly enjoying it but I was sensing something about one of the characters but wasn't to sure. Well, Friday's cliffhanger had some action packed stuff and the main female lead with her new friend. I could get specific with names but just giving storyline so far. The main female character is back to claim her lost ranch/acres stolen from her. The son whose family is friends with the man that stole the property of the main character tries to help her out by giving her old documents that prove the sale of the property that the grandpa who owned them didn't want sold. To shorten things I'll go to Friday's show where the son has had enough of his family and his dad and tells the female lead is leaving the family practice of being a lawyer and finding his own place. He professes his love for her and she responds by telling him to stop the pretenses. She tells him that she used him to get the papers she needed to investigate the evil guy who stole her property and he is using her to shift suspension so his family, friends and the cruel society won't notice what preference he has.....the guy is in total shock...and so was I......LOL......the female lead continues to say that he doesn't see her like other guys see her when they are in love and that he really doesn't love her or any other woman for that matter.....cue dramatic music and end credits.  I was truly shocked at the ending even though I suspected a little bit that he might be gay. It looks like it might be a good story with a dad that would never except it. There is more this soap opera than the gay storyline. I thought you all might be interested in seeing it. It airs at 10am central/11 eastern on Univision and Monday's show continues where it left off the cliffhanger.

I'm going to see if I can find that episode on Univision to post here.

Here is the clip to Friday's cliffhanger.....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a Spanish soap since was a kid with my abuela. My favorite was Amor Gitano. Interesting scene between Mariela & Lisandro. Latin soaps have become more progressive than American soaps. I wonder how Lisandro's story will be handled. 
Lisandro- "'I think it was love at first sight''.
Mariela- We both know that's not true''. 
Mariela -''Look it's time we both tell each other the truth''.
Mariela-''We can both use each other''.
Lisandro- I don't understand what are you talking about?.
Mariela- I think you do. I'm going to demonstrate I'm talking seriously.''
Mariela -"'you want to use me so society, your parents, friends and conservative society. Wouldn't know of your ''PREFERENCE"'.
Lisandro- Gasp in horror. "'How can you say that?
Mariela- ''Don't worry your secret is safe''.
Mariela- ''You want to trick me.'' 
Mariela- "' i notice when a man looks at me like a woman. 
Mariela- ''And you don't look at me that way''. 
Mariela-''We both know you don't like me'' Or any other women''.
Lisandro- Stares at Mariela in horror.
Here's my translate of the scene. My Spanish is bit rusty. 

• Members

That was pretty good!  Lisandro's gasps were great and I thought he did a good job with those scenes. I kept thinking all weekend who they would pair him with but I had forgotten there is another gay guy on the canvas. I hope he dates other minor character guys before they hook him up. 

• Members

Yes, he is gorgeous. I kind of thought he might be gay because he tries to impress all the females yet they love someone else. So I thought what female would they pair him with since all the females will be taken. Then I saw how he and his father constantly fought and it raised a red flag but I was truly shocked on Friday and that it also was the cliffhanger. I hope we do get some scenes with him and other guys. 

• Members

The look on his face is priceless!

Please register in order to view this content

I used to watch quite a few Colombian and Brazilian telenovelas.  Since I do so much streaming now, I admit that I've lost track of Univision.  I often wait until the telenovelas stream on Netflix.

Archived