Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed Kyle and Jack's scenes on Monday. I am glad they are getting along better. I also think that Summer is most tolerable in her scenes with Jack. 

I continue to enjoy Nate. I like the way that he continues to handle Victor and not let Victor push him around. I also enjoyed him in his scenes with Hilary today. Things seemed lighter between them.

I don't know how they are going to handle her exit. I do hope they don't rush to have something happen between them and that facilitates her exit. I would rather they drop a possible romance between them and go in another direction, then have them do something like cheat right before she leaves. I'm not sure how much time she has left, is she here to August?

I would like to see Nate interact with more people including Victoria. I think that could be a potential interesting pairing. I do not think he's getting with Mariah and I hope he doesn't. I've seen some spoilers that indicate they are going to go in another direction with her. 

• Members

I don't want these two to become a couple. They seem mismatched, IMO. But I could see Billy drawing closer to Summer as he gets more in over his head with his gambling addiction. I could see him losing his job at Jabot, Phyllis possibly dumping him and him turning to Summer as a result. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Today’s show bored me, which is really worse than when it annoys the crap out of me.

The GC Buzz scenes on the rooftop deck are dreck. I hate stuff that’s THAT unrealistic. Hilary is again written as a nasty shrew, and her scenes with Nate are been there, done that many times before. Are the writers trying to make us hate her as she exits so we don’t miss her? Awful writing.

Phyllis and Summer talking about and avoiding Billy was boring, and it didn’t help that Billy was nowhere in sight.

i like that Nate doesn’t kiss Victor’s ass, but those scenes went on too long. Also a mistake not to show the custody reversal. That final minute with Nick walking in with Christian was not alone worth skipping the hearing.

i can’t decide if the writing indicates a show in panic mode or a show that’s lost.

• Members

Why do they keep doing that??  Jeez it pisses me off.  And Devon's been practically MIA to facilitate Hilary's inevitable tryst with Nate.  Grrrr @ajsp35801

Kyle is growing on me.  Mealor and CG have great chemistry and their scenes today at least held my attention.

IA - it is both.

• Members

Its so bad that I wonder if Bryton has been on vacation. Or are TPTB so inept that they can't possibly write for Devon and Nate at the same time? At least not to make sense with Hilary. Are they hiding him in hopes that we will forget these last 5 years and that she's actually pregnant by him? Do they think having him absent will make Hilary's behavior  more sensible?  Or after the inevitable hookup, will TPTB pretend Hilary and Nate are justified by telling us Devon was neglectful and absent? 

Oh and ETA, the Hilary and Nate scenes ain't got the heat and excitement the show so desperately wants because as someone said earlier, it's just more of the same. Been there done that too many times with Hilary. It's old hat. 

• Members

Mariah's pity party with Kyle and later Summer was something. So she goes from being a stalker, kidnapper, bully, to poor no body wants me wallflower?  I keep getting rejected, boo hoo.    Glad she finally got the reality check!

• Members

I agree they do have good chemistry.Though, I don't really see anything becoming of it anytime soon. Which is unfortunate, because I think he's the person she has the most chemistry with.  I also thought that that her "woe is me, why can't. I get anybody to want me" scenes with Summer (and also Kyle) was something. I did find her scenes with Summer mostly amusing and thought that Summer actually gave her some good advice.  

Also, I enjoyed Neil/Ashley today. I think they make a nice, mature and attractive pair. I wish ED were sticking around.

• Members

I hated those Summer scenes with Mariah because I don’t believe Mariah would sit there and listen to that crap without decking Summer.

Any person with an OUNCE of respect — and Mariah is supposed to have plenty — would either slam the insult machine right back or walk away. Completely defanging Mariah like this is disgusting.

Archived