Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even though I had read the Canadian spoiler for today, I actually gasped at the last scene.  I noticed Hilary's dress today is the same one she was wearing at her going away party, so almost a gone girl!

• Members

Today I  think that Lily said some very harsh things to Hilary about Hilary that she will regret. Last scene of them today ended up very rough. I believe that Hilary all of a sudden being very emotional is foreshadowing upcoming events.

However, I did agree with Lily today about her comments regarding Shauna. I initially liked Shauna and thought that her and Charlie would make a cute couple. But now I have soured on the character. She has been too pushy/clingy with Charlie and has constantly encouraged him to be sneaky and lie to his parents. She also has been manipulative with Hilary. I feel like Hilary should have set some actual guidelines for her, but she never really has since Shauna moved in.

At the end of the day her and Charlie are underaged and there should be guidance for them. But ever since Shauna moved in, the show has had Hilary act more like a roommate to Shauna who doesn't really care what she does, instead of a mentor/parental figure.

Also, I liked seeing some of the flashbacks with  young Nick and Victor.

• Members

Only watching part time - writing for the Hillary Hour has been awful.  I hate Lily too.  Devon, boring.  They cannot write for a black person on this show.  I hope Hillary is really really really truly DEAD.  Neil can go also.  Send Tessa, Jack, Victor and Nikki and Victoria too.  There’s no one likeable.  Billy, Phyllis - Bye.  No character is likeable on this show

• Members

This teen storyline is so bad. First off none of these younger actors involved(Charlie,Mattie, Shauna) have any natural acting ability. Not sure why they continue to cast people with so few gigs under the belts for roles like these. Too man young actors out there with more onscreen experience. The storyline is do horribly written but the awkward line readings and facial expressions dont help.and then they're opposite CK who can't act worth a damn and coasts on being inoffensive.

• Members

hope JT shrunk 6 inches too. Nick is a midget...

Lily.

if someone can explain to me how she ever gets off talking about anyone? who leads in marital infidelity....her or Cane? and now she's once again back on her moral high horse, pontificating  about what she knows about raising children. Charlie is only doing what he ground around and with. 

• Members

They are finally admitting they have no clue what to do with a character as passive as Nick (somewhat understandably), but they didn’t want to fire JM (their only veteran male lead under 50) or put in the effort/expense to resurrect Adam. 

Archived