Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why does every writer...no matter who it is....do this to Sharon Case?  Today I saw the last 15 minutes and all I could say was "God Sharon...SHUT UP."  Given what happened with JT and 'the secret', and she says she doesn't know Nick anymore?  LOLLLLLL.  SHUT UP and SIT DOWN. 

• Members

I admit that I did drop after they left, but I wasn't interested at all until they came back in the first place. 

But still I enjoy your opinion because you have more experience with how Mal works...whether he is holding to what he did before (which did or did not work) or not.

• Members

I’ll say something awful but true.  ABC And NBC destroyed daytime drama here in the US.  Weather machines on General Hospital and Marlena is a Demon Panther and Vicki on One Life to Live goes to Heaven - in a space ship.  Yep. Happened.  Faisons face melted on ABC.  So you had our attention for 5 years here and there.  But you killed daytime.  

They made people laugh at it. 

• Members

I haven't heard @Antoyne

So two "big" confrontations today:

Phyllis -> Billy/Summer and Nikki/Victoria -> Nick

...and I had no fvcks to give.  They were really badly done.  Badly written, directed and acted all the way around.  What the hell has happened to this show?  The wheels are coming off.  FAST.

Die, Tessa.

At least Cane is nowhere in sight.

• Members

It's so painful I want to cry. The show is on life support. When do you throw your hands up and call it a day? 

At this point, I don't even know what could be done to right the ship. But, with the upcoming departures, perhaps the ship has sailed into the sunset for good. The damage is so severe that it would be difficult for a new writing regime to fix it. It's not like you can just call this a mulligan (Nick's gaslighting, Jack not being an Abbott etc.) and move on. 

Unless someone made this all a dream!

• Members

This show was mortally wounded years ago, but I did enjoy the first quarter of this year. Maybe it was just a delayed honeymoon period because even MAB’s first few months felt like a big improvement from the previous regime, and we know how repulsive her stories were. But I feel like once JT was killed the show became borderline unwatchable.

And they are also using Marla Adams a lot less. These charismatic actors made the show somehow seem better. I don’t know: all of the veteran actors feel flat. Even Jess, who can be OTT in a great soapy way, felt shrill and looked uncomfortable in the scenes I watched from Monday.

• Members

My sister watched Y&R in the '80s, and didn't miss an episode from the mid/late '90s until this year. She can't bring herself to watch it now.

It reminds me of GL just before the production switch.

Archived