Y&R: July Spoilers

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's a soapy goodness. This is what peeps watch soap for: outlandish mess. Nobody watches these shows for the "grounded" bs they always attempt and fail at always. Peeps want crazy MOMENTS like this mask reveal. LOL I personally think Nick is boring af, and I wouldn't have picked him to lead this SL, but whatever - maybe, it will finally make Nick interesting as a male lead.

• Members

Unfortunately, it's more like a GH rip-off and the mere presence of a mask is a new low. I don't care if Nick is terrorizing Victor out of revenge or pleasure. It's character assassination, the way his father's character was assassinated as well.

• Members

It's better than Y&R doing it's 32nd doppelganger story(which, it kind of is). I'm not sure about face mask but Y&R has come pretty close to it before whether it was Tyrone playing white, David Kimble's "Big Jim" persona following his botched plastic surgery, Christine as "Kelly Simmons" or Adam dressed up as Sabrina. 

It should come off as shocking and offensive, but I think the bar for me at Y&R is zilch nowadays. Same thing with over on B&B with the two babies debacle going on. 

• Members

Speaking only for myself, I never watched soaps for this kind of outlandishness. Heightened reality, sure. Salaciousness and debauchery? I’ll admit to it. Weirdness bordering on sci-fi? Nope. I have Doctor Who for that. And even if Bill Bell dabbled in it, his show felt so grounded in humanity and an internal reality so meticulously constructed that I could roll with it. This? Just desperate.

• Members

Most of which, if not all, were well-written, well thought-out, well-played, and didn't destroy characters in the process. No comparison.

I'm really not sure how putting on a wig and a fake mole (which anyone can do) or using a fake accent even compares to a ruber mask that attaches perfectly to your face and gives you the person's height, body, shape, and even voice!

Please register in order to view this content

Exactly.

• Members

How about a good old fashioned gaslighting?  Why the mask?  That’s the stupid part.  If Nick was terrorizing Victor like Katherine sending John the cut up photo of Jill in bed with Jack, and after a couple of months it was revealed to be Nick?  I would be interested and excited to see where this was going.

Sharon would be more believable to go to this extreme, at least  she was there for the killing and has a history of metal issues and problems with Victor.  Not that I want to see her in a hoodie peeling off a JT mask.

You know, as crazy as Marlena being possessed by the devil was on DAYS, we saw the emotional turmoil for a year before we got to floating above her bed and green devil eyes.  We had the Desecrator, and by the time that was revealed to be her, then we saw signs of the possession...it’s why that story worked as well as it did.

• Members

Here are some more  spoilers (reworded) from  soaps.com day ahead recap of tomorrow's episode: 

Shauna will complain to Hilary that she can't see Charlie when Lily/Cane are away. Charlie will come over when Hilary leaves for her meeting and Charlie/Shauna will decide they are going to sleep together the next night. They claim they are falling in love with each other. 

Hilary is going to have a secret meeting with a man. She will introduce him as Mark  "an old friend" to Tessa and Mariah when she sees them at the athletic club, She tells Mark that while the offer he has for her is tantalizing she doesn't want to jeopardize what her and Devon have worked for. She tells him that Devon can't know about their meeting.

Phyllis is going to angrily confront Billy/Summer when she finds out that he and Summer kept his gambling from her. She is going to kick Billy out of the house.  Victor is going to tell Victoria/Nikki what Nick did and they will be very upset and angry with him. Nick will be unapologetic for his actions. 

I think that Hilary's secret meeting could be about a business/job opportunity. Or it could involve some type of information that affects her and Devon's companies/jobs. I think that Lily finds out about this and they argue over it. I'm also disappointed at how fast Shauna/Charlie are moving.

Archived