Y&R: July Spoilers

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are some more spoilers about tomorrow (reworded) from soaps.com day ahead recap.

Nate is going to catch up with Ashley tomorrow. Neil is going to have a family get together for Nate at the penthouse. The family is going to ask him questions about his career but he will change the subject. Hilary is also going to grill him about his life, and ask him about some medical conditions she is experiencing (like having a rash and dealing with swollen feet) She is also going to ask him why he is on sabbatical.

They are going to be snarky with each other and Nate is going to tell her to mind her business. Hilary will accuse Nate of being a diva and wonder why he is so secretive. Neil will reveal that Nate lost the love of his life a year ago on that very day.

I know that some people were concerned they had killed off Olivia but it looks like that isn't the case. It looks like the reason why Nate was looking sad the other day is because he lost the love of his life. And he needed to take a sabbatical because it was nearing the anniversary of her death, and he decided to be near his family.

Also, BIlly will be gambling tomorrow and lose his yacht and Jack will decide to drop his lawsuit.

• Members

Here are some more spoilers, including from SID And soaps.com day ahead recap:

Neil will be the man that will be romancing Ashley. Next Week she is going to tell him about a company that ended their business relationship with Newman. Neil will contact the company, mend the relationship and get a contract with the company. He will then invite Ashley to his penthouse for dinner to show his appreciation. It will be a romantic setting with flowers and candles. 

Tomorrow Ashley is going to quit Newman and go back to Jabot. She will be frustrated about the drama that Newman is going through and will be upset that Victor doesn't fully trust her. Billy will be reluctant to take her back but will after he learns that Jack, Traci and Lauren want her back. She will be hired back as COO. Also, Nikki will reveal that she has been the one that has been harassing Arturo not Victor.

She will tell Abby/Arturo she did this because he didn't stay away from Abby. Sharon and Nikki will be screaming in the window tomorrow because they see a hooded figure who turns around and looks/maybe is JT. It look like it is Thad/JT in the hood.

Nikki/Sharon/"JT" clip in the window:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9l67NMOVPo

• Members

Is Soap Opera Spy a reliable spoiler site?  I just came across this and wondered why TL would come back to this show (besides a paycheck).

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2018/confirmed-mal-young-reveals-thad-luckinbill-back-yr-the-j-t-story-continues/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And why prolong such a disastrous storyline? 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Look, TL added quite a bit of needed spark that last go 'round.  But to bring him back as either JT's doppelganger or the actual JT that miraculously lives after being laid out for 3 days before the 4 musketeers buried him is not worth watching.  

I'm all for suspending disbelief, but both of those scenarios are too many things.

• Members

That TL added spark is without doubt but TPTB botched his return with a storyline that was always going to be about Victor.  I just don't see how piggybacking off a poorly written storyline (one that did him no favors) is going to work out in the end.

At this point I'm too indifferent and disillusioned with this show to watch in order to find out.

• Members

+100 

I'm watching just to see Hilary's swan song, then I'm out.  If I make it that long.  

BTW, from the looks of the close of today's show, Mal is continuing to make this about Victor.  He got a text out of the blue from "JT" saying he wants to meet him.  

• Members

After trying to watch a couple of episodes (including the return of Nate), I got tired and didn't watch anymore. 

It's tiresome to see Hilary regress over and over and it seems that the intent is two-fold: (1) to facilitate Nate's emergence as an assertive, righteous character and (2) to minimize and dehumanize the Hilary character in the hopes that her fans, as well as her detractors will all unite and say "good riddance" and not miss her when the actress leaves.  Most viewers see the 2nd goal a mile away. 

There are smarter more entertaining ways to facilitate Nate's entrance on the canvas and the show already did one- had him play alpha-male with Victor (which they could've mined and explored a lot more). 

The other (as other people mentioned in the Y&R thread) was to write a chance encounter with Mariah where Nate recalls his relationship with Cassie (they did it with Daniel a few years ago and it worked well, why not try it again? Y&R is not above reusing storytelling devices, right?). 

And why couldn't they utilize Neil and Lily to help viewers re-establish the character?  Do they not trust CK's abilities? Are they afraid of giving KSJ more screen time?

There are so many ways to re-establish Nate that don't involve denigrating a character that was achieving some personal growth.  Maybe TPTB no longer value Hilary, now that word got out that they are losing the actress and I wouldn't put it past them to be spiteful about plotting the character's exit since they've faced criticism over their inability to hold onto the actress.

And you know I was done with that useless DV storyline that was hacked out.  I said it wasn't going to amount to much from Day 1 and it hasn't.  I just can't understand why Y&R/MY would go back for another helping of tasteless gruel.

• Members

I think that Nate has good chemistry with his family members and I would like to see him interact more with them. I think that him spending time with them and treating Victor was/is enough to help introduce him back to the canvas. (Without even adding in his interactions with Hilary).

Here are spoilers from tomorrow's episode form soaps.com (reworded) about him and the Hamilton- Winters family.

Hilary and Devon will be spending time together at Hamilton Winters. Devon will want her go to home and rest but she will want to stay and canoodle with him. Nate will arrive and talk with Lily. Devon will tell Hilary that he invited Nate there and that he will be attending a recording session with Devon. Devon/Lily will disagree about using the information that Neil gave them.

Devon will feel it's not the right thing to do because it's insider information, whereas Lily feels it's okay to use it . (And will point out that Victor would do it if he were in their shoes.) Hilary will agree with Devon while Nate will agree with Lily on this issue. Lily and Hilary will spar with each other over the issue and Hilary's role in Devon's life. Devon will put an end to the discussion after things get heated.

Jill's also back tomorrow and will be confronting Jack and Kyle on their actions. She will also be talking with Nikki and Jill will get the DNA results that Jack ordered and shocked by them. The Jack/Jill/Nikki stuff sounds interesting. 

And Victor will be meeting JT in an alley against his family wishes. 

• Members

what happened to the spoilers that Brit would sleep w/ Kyle or whatever?

nah, he's awful. There's something too "big" about the way he acts w/ his facial features in his scenes. All of them. And that side-part makes him look corny. Actually, corny is how I would describe him. They're coming in too hot with him, imo. They should have played it like he's a nice/charming guy - to everyone, including Hillary. Instead of having him jump on the Hillary Hate Bandwagon. As it stands now he's just another person in Genoa City that hates/judges Hillary when they don't even know her. 

• Members

Here are some more spoilers from SOD. It looks like something is going to to happen to HIlary and/or the baby.

Lily and Hilary are going to get into another confrontation on July 18. There are pictures from the  magazine that show Lily, Hilary and it looks like Nate in a car. Lily/Hilary are in the front  (Lily's driving and Nate is in the backseat.)There is also a spoiler pic of Neil shown comforting Devon. Lily and Cane are with them looking on and Neil looks sad. It looks like they are in a hospital. I wonder if while Lily/Hilary are arguing they get in a car accident and something happens to Hilary and/or the baby. There is also a spoiler about Devon keeping a promise.

Also, Phyllis will discover Billy's secret, ,Cane will defend the Chancellor legacy, Mariah will lose her cool, and  Nick will begin a new chapter. I didn't see any specific spoilers about Kyle sleeping with Brittany or anyone. But there is a spoiler that says that a naughty tryst will be exposed. I'm not sure who that is about.

Neil is also going to tell Ashley he wants to take things slow, and Mal says in an article that there will be a twist to this JT storyline that the audience will not expect.

Archived